Knit Out on Sunday

Old August 21st 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default Knit Out on Sunday UPDATE

On Aug 20, 7:27 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
"coggietm" wrote in message

oups.com...

Sounds like you knit in public as much as I do Mirjam. But a knit out
is an organized event with vendors , booths, normally a fashion show
and such. Each venue has a different feel but mostly it is a large
gathering of people with the same passion , yarn.
Coggie in MI

Coggie, our Knit Out is a bit smaller in scale. No vendors or booths
or fashion show. Ours was organized by our little knitting group and
held at a local historical site.

Of course, everyone brought their own knitting and set up lawn chairs
in a circle. Some people brought yarn related donations for door
prizes. We were able to get a couple of LYS to donate as well. Ram
Wools, which is a fairly well known LYS across North America
donated a $25 gift certificate, and another store owner of a much
smaller store donated some yarn kits. She also gave everyone a
certificate for 10% off your next shopping trip in her store.

We all sat around knitting and gabbing, and answering questions
from interested onlookers. Some of us participated in four handed
knitting on a baby blanket. Originally we were hopeful that we
could finish it before the end of the day, but it didn't happen. I also
found out that I was doing my yarn overs backwards, so will be
changing that!

A couple of women brought their spinning wheels, which always
has people just gawking in wonder. Erica had a bag of rainbow
coloured roving which she had spun and plied, then had started a
pair of socks. One of the other women called the roving "Murdered
Muppets" (it was very bright), but once it was spun, plied and knitted,
it made a very beautiful yarn in more muted colours. I'm mad at myself
for not taking a picture of it.

The weather couldn't have been much better. It started out cool,
breezy and hazy, and thankfully didn't get really warm until around
the time we were all starting to pack up (4 p.m.). I remember a
couple of years ago it was blazing hot & sunny and I had forgotten
my sun hat.

A good time was had by all!

It sounds like it!

Higs,
An envious Katherine

They knit WHAT????? Shillelagh Yarn 24 December 4th 06 07:24 AM
Sunday, rainy Sunday Shillelagh Yarn 5 September 20th 06 10:49 PM
?? Is something knit on a manual knitting machine "hand knit"? Yarn 23 March 14th 06 07:49 PM
knit The Magician Machine Knit 1 January 8th 06 01:20 AM
Machine knit equivalent to "knit one below" Ian Roberts Machine Knit 2 October 29th 04 12:13 PM