I don't know about you....

Old August 17th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default I don't know about you....

but old posts keep regurgitating themselves into my newsreader..... I d/l
them, hoping for new news, and most of it's old ;(

Anyone else having the same issue?

Shelagh

Old August 17th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Aug 17, 10:35 am, "Shillelagh" wrote:
but old posts keep regurgitating themselves into my newsreader..... I d/l
them, hoping for new news, and most of it's old ;(

Anyone else having the same issue?

Nope. In fact, mine is the opposite. I miss posts regularly. But then,
I am
using Google.

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 17th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mao

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
but old posts keep regurgitating themselves into my newsreader..... I d/l
them, hoping for new news, and most of it's old ;(

Anyone else having the same issue?

Shelagh

Your newsreader may be set up with different options for "viewing"
messages -- check to see if you have the capability to hide read or ignored
messages. Maybe it used to be set up that way and got reset to view all
messages, regardless of whether you've read them or not. Good luck.

Old August 18th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"mao" wrote in message

Your newsreader may be set up with different options for "viewing"
messages -- check to see if you have the capability to hide read or

ignored
messages. Maybe it used to be set up that way and got reset to view all
messages, regardless of whether you've read them or not. Good luck.

Thanks, but it's set up for unread messages only, and the repeats show up
as unread. (shrug). Could be my ISP....

Shelagh

Old August 18th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

Would you have a problem with an old poster regurgitating herself into a
forum?

I missed you all!

Old August 18th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Aug 17, 7:37 pm, "Mystified One" wrote:
Would you have a problem with an old poster regurgitating herself into a
forum?

I missed you all!

No problem at all! Welcome back!

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 18th 07, 10:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
but old posts keep regurgitating themselves into my newsreader..... I d/l
them, hoping for new news, and most of it's old ;(

Anyone else having the same issue?

Shelagh

This occasionally happens to me. I resolve it by disabling my firewall for
the time it takes to get the new mail/posts, then enable it immediately.

The first time it happened I asked the techies at my ISP, they said that
sometimes something big can't get in, the machinery keeps trying and lots of
mails/posts are regurgitated. Until the 'blockage' is cleared by allowing it
in the problem will continue.

Can you ask your ISP?

Mary