Fabric Stores in Baltimore city

Old March 14th 05, 11:56 AM
ALLICIA CISSE

Default Fabric Stores in Baltimore city

I'm starting to sew again, and I'm searching for fabric stores in Baltimore
Maryland. The phone book isn't always helpful.

Thanks!!

Old March 14th 05, 05:55 PM
BEI Design

"ALLICIA CISSE" wrote in message
I'm starting to sew again, and I'm searching for fabric stores in
Baltimore
Maryland. The phone book isn't always helpful.

Thanks!!

How about the online phone directory? ;-)

http://ypng.infospace.com/_1_2WZTTDN...e&ypfwd=1&6704

or
http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y2F821BAA

Scroll down the page. I searched for "fabric & Baltimore & MD".

Some of those are for *metal fabrication*, but there are several
fabric stores as well.

HTH,

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

Old March 14th 05, 06:16 PM

ALLICIA CISSE" wrote in message
I'm starting to sew again, and I'm searching for fabric stores in
Baltimore
Maryland. The phone book isn't always helpful.

---
True. Let me know when you work out the code.
On the bright side, I found fabric stores in Baltimore actually in
the malls. That was a few years back; most often you'll find them
located in old strip malls. Look for Hancock and/or Joanne Fabrics. I
don't know if there are any independents left up there, there are only
the major chains here where I live. Wal Mart stocks a bit of sewing
stuff, quality varies.
In Baltimore, there's Tandy Leather Co., located on a grimy city
street in the old industrial part of town. You can buy an 8 inch thick
slab of cowhide, in addition to finished (tanned & dyed) leather and
suede skins. Always worth a trip, IMHO. One day I'm going to make
someone a pair of chamois shorts, I swear I will, just to work with
the chamois.
If you ever wander south, GStreet fabrics, with several stores
located around the wider DC area (Rockville, Md., Centerville, Va.,
and another shop down towards Fredericksburg ( I call it 'The Full Moon
Mall' because I am too senile to remember the real name--it's an outlet
mall just off I 64 south. ), is a Must Do. Everything from designer
evening wear fabrics, vintage buttons to kill for, classes, all types
of fabrics, including home dec. All price ranges. A sewing bookstore to
drool over.
The staff will also arrange a tour of the store, if you can convince
a bunch of your sewing buddies to make the trip with you. Lunch spots
are nearby; it's a great day trip.
Cea

Old March 15th 05, 06:57 PM
Cappy

"Full Moon Mall" giggle That would be Potomac Mills in Dale City, VA off
of 95....

And, boy, are you right about the location of Tandy... chamois shorts...
hmmm... I was dreaming of a shirt....

What kind of sewing? I can help you out (a lot) w/ quilting stores all over
MD/DE/southern PA/VA! And more regular type fabric stores south of the
city and in DC and VA...

Cappy
Edgewater MD

oups.com...

Old March 16th 05, 12:56 PM
Atom1

Here's a link stores that have been reviewed in the area
http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...torereviews.pl

HTH
Michelle
Italy

"ALLICIA CISSE" wrote in message
I'm starting to sew again, and I'm searching for fabric stores in
Baltimore
Maryland. The phone book isn't always helpful.

Thanks!!

I pick fabric for first quilt! DJDREVNA Quilting 13 September 18th 04 04:24 AM
71 reasons to buy fabric David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 3 September 3rd 04 04:57 PM
Step 1 Atom1 Sewing 29 August 30th 04 07:10 AM
Squishie Fabric Quality Mika Quilting 21 April 3rd 04 04:18 PM
Fabric collections for sale on Ebay Kristi M. Sewing 17 February 21st 04 05:34 PM