alt.sewing problem

Old March 10th 05, 04:15 PM
Pat

Default alt.sewing problem

My news reader on Outlook Express just informed me that I can no longer get
the alt.sewing group!!!!

Can someone tell me how to get another reader??.....or something??.......

Old March 10th 05, 04:29 PM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article gxZXd.7017$Wy.5438@okepread02, Pat of Cox Communications
uttered
My news reader on Outlook Express just informed me that I can no longer get
the alt.sewing group!!!!

Can someone tell me how to get another reader??.....or something??.......

Try downloading Thunderbird from Mozilla. It's miles better than
Outhouse in any case. However, I think you'll find that the problem
isn't OE, it's whichever newsfeed you're connecting to, which is largely
down to your ISP.
--

AJH
alpha dot hotel echo yankee whisky oscar oscar delta at tango echo
Old March 10th 05, 05:01 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

Check your internet options tab on your computer: someone might have
accidentally changed the settings!
Cynthia

Old March 10th 05, 05:37 PM
Valkyrie

I doubt that it's directly an OE problem, before you panic call your ISP and
see if they have changed news service provider or if you've somehow 'bumped'
a setting.

I know some people have a lot of problems getting the newsgroups using
Outlook Express but it's actually more a problem with their ISP's news
source than the OE program. I've been accessing numerous newsgroups, both
alt and binary on OE since I changed to my present ISP. I've been using the
OE news reader for over 6 years without a hitch; they use SuperNews for
their Usenet outsourcing.

Val

Old March 10th 05, 06:50 PM
I.E.Z.

Oddly enough, this happened to me a few weeks ago. A few groups I always
read disappeared. I contacted my ISP and they told me to "refresh" the
newsgroup list on Outlook Express and it would be there. It was.

Iris

Old March 11th 05, 12:06 AM
Pat

Thanks............I even dowloaded Mozilla and it told me it was the
ISP.........RATS!!!!

Tell everyone hello........I will call and complain!!!

Janome problem joysjane Quilting 8 September 20th 04 07:30 AM
Problem with my Ott Light Magnyfier Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 1 August 30th 04 12:02 AM
strange thread tension problem Vilna Sewing 5 July 1st 04 07:15 PM
Bit of a knitting pattern problem Jaime Yarn 23 November 10th 03 08:59 AM
Fiskars, was Rotary cutter problem - revisited Jennifer Hepworth Quilting 2 July 21st 03 04:53 AM