biodegradable peanuts - uses?

Old July 25th 03, 06:39 PM
MFrankenberg

Default biodegradable peanuts - uses?

oooh, oooh! I know this one!

Toss some in water! If they dissolve, they're cornstarch. If kids see you
doing this, plan on losing some of your supply, because it's fun.

You can use these to make hollow beads or structures, & you can use them to
prop things up during baking, & you can probably figure out lots of things
all by yourself! They squish, to an extent, & you can stick them together
if they're dampened. I squished some into tiny feet & used them to form
teeny clay ruby slippers for a Wizard of Oz jar once.

Marla

"JSS" wrote in message
I think I may have some biodegradable in a box given to my by a friend.

So
how do I tell if they are? and what is the best way to use them with
polymer clay? I saw this discussed earlier. I will use them for packing

if
nothing else.
Thanks,
Jackie

Old September 12th 03, 04:58 AM
JAMES RICH

"JSS" wrote in message
I think I may have some biodegradable in a box given to my by a friend.

So
how do I tell if they are? and what is the best way to use them with
polymer clay? I saw this discussed earlier. I will use them for packing

if
nothing else.
Thanks,
Jackie

Is this the same as the product sold for kids called "Magic Nuudles?" You
can wet them and stick them together?
Barbara

Old September 12th 03, 05:30 PM
MinnieNeedles

the bio ones usually look more like cheetos,
I have a Ferret and they are safe for ferrets to play in..
Mine loves digging around in them..
Marsha

Old September 13th 03, 04:56 PM
Sjpolyclay

the bio ones usually look more like cheetos,
I have a Ferret and they are safe for ferrets to play in..

They were originally designed as a possible snack food; the extruder is the
same for that sort of snack item. These are just not flavored.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Old September 16th 03, 06:12 AM

Sjpolyclay wrote:
the bio ones usually look more like cheetos,
I have a Ferret and they are safe for ferrets to play in..

They were originally designed as a possible snack food; the extruder
is the same for that sort of snack item. These are just not flavored.
Sarajane

I didn't know I had any of these until yesterday- now that's
another thing on my LONG list of things to play with!

--
^,,^ Miracle

(My older stuff is he
http://mycraftyphotos.homestead.com/index.html )

Old September 18th 03, 08:39 PM
DianeGlassAttic

I have a page on cornstarch peanuts at my website that has a few more ideas as
well:
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/cornstarch.htm

HTH,

Diane B.
http://glassattic.com --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

E-mail: (don't use AOL address)
Old September 19th 03, 01:47 AM
Bead Sprite

Gosh!

Can I buy them in the UK? I would like to use them to make jewellery/

--
Amanda
http://www.picturetrail.com/amandarose1