Left Handers

Old February 19th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Left Handers

I'm left hand. But sometimes I use both hands and stuff. I can even
write with both hands.
Pam-Doggirl3

Old February 19th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Allie,

I'm like Noreen, left handed, but do most things with the right. DH is
right handed, but now uses his left more since he broke the wrist
almost a year ago. Seems strange to see him using his left hand.

Hugs,

Nora from upstate NY.

Old February 19th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Allie,

Forgot to say welcome to this great group and do come back and tell us
what crafts you do?

Hugs,

Nora

Old February 19th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"ILovemyDoggie." wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm left hand. But sometimes I use both hands and stuff. I can even
write with both hands.
Pam-Doggirl3

Pam, my Dad could write the exact same with both hands. Of course, he was
'of-the-day' when left-handedness was frowned upon, and in the third grade,
they forced him to re-learn right handed.
My sister and I have both seen him write with both hands at the same time,
and his signature was the exact same with eitherhand.
Noreen

Old February 20th 06, 07:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Well must mean that all three of us are crackpots then...lol

cheers........Cher

"MRH" mthecarpenterATxcelcoDOTonDOTca wrote in message
LOL I was just reading Noreens message and thinking the same thing...
then clicked on your response and saw what I was thinking. Great
minds....

Gem

"spinninglilac" wrote in message
. uk...
Bit confused and mixed up then eh???????? ROFLMAO
Sorry but just couldn't resist it.

Cheers.....cher

"The YarnWright" wrote in message

"abutteriss" wrote in message
Hi ladies, are any of u left handed knitters and crocheters?- I am and
was wondering how many other molly dukes were out there.- Allie from
down under (Melb)

Hi, Allie!
Welcome to rcty!
I'm very ambidextrous, I write left-handed, knit, crochet and tat
right-handed, pitch a ball overhand left-handed, but underhand
right-handed, swing a bat right-handed, and use knife and fork
interchangeably!
Hugs,
Noreen
in middle Tennessee, USA

Old February 20th 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Ever tried writing with both hands two different things at the same
time....that is hilarious, we used to do it at school
I was born a leftie but school enforced righthanded, so I too do both. So we
used to write things like, The Cat Sat on the Mat with one hand, and The
Dog wags it's Tail, with the other hand, both at the same time, I could
never do it, but a lad in my class could...real funny to try though.

hugz Cher

Old February 20th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

My maternal Grandmother was left-handed. Funny, I just realized that none
of her 10 children were... it skipped their generation.

My oldest sister is left-handed and when she started school the teacher (who
was an oddball and claimed that left-handedness was the devil's work) tied
her left hand to her chair to try to make her use her right hand. When my
Mom found out about it she went to the school and lit into the teacher and
the principal (who didn't know the teacher was doing this and immediately
put a stop to it), and Mary was allowed to use her left hand from that point
on.

Mary's youngest son is left-handed. My second sister's second daughter and
only son are left-handed. Matthew is right-handed for writing, but
ambidexterous for playing baseball, shovelling, and a few other things. )

Gemini

Old February 20th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I'm a lefty. I write, crochet and embroider left handed. My knitting is
ambidextrous- I switch back and forth between rows. I also operate the
mouse on the computer with my left hand using the right hand
configuration, so a right click is still a right click.
Now that I think about it, the kitchen in my apartment is geared
towards a lefty. (Not my doing.) The stove is in a right hand corner,
with counter space to the left. The fridge door swings to the left when
I open it. For optimal sink usage, you wash in the right hand basin,
placing clean dishes into the left for rinsing, then onto the counter
on the left for draining and drying. The dishes and coffee mugs are
stored in the farthest left cabinet.
S.

Old February 20th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I have been reading these notes... Guess I am not so out of the
ordinary either. I am ambridextrious, when I had stroke on my left
side I wrote right handed, did a payroll for small company with right
hand..until my left was useful again. Never thought of it but I do
also have my kitchen sort of a lefty one. Had it built the way I
wanted but never thinking left or right at the time. Can not knit
left handed but when I croched my first bed spread with granny
squares..wanted half blocks for top edge I would crochet left then turn
and go right.. They say Left handed people are smarter..guess we have
to be inventive at times.