more questions....

Old July 3rd 03, 05:38 AM
Mary Shafer

Default more questions....

On Sun, 25 May 2003 23:14:01 -0700, Mary Shafer
wrote:

On 25 May 2003 20:34:55 GMT, uppies (Dr. Sooz)
wrote:

Mary, are these on the C & B website? Can you tell me what they look like,
aside from 10-drawer? They sound great!

I got four of the ten-drawer storage units from Crate & Barrel. The
drawers are very shallow and quite interchangeable.

I don't know if they're on the site right now--let me look. I don't
see them, but I'm not familiar with the site. They seem to reappear
in the small catalog in the fall. They're not a one-time deal.

I just noticed that map chests, with a whole bunch of shallow drawers,
are the newest addition to furniture styles. Like the ten-drawer
units I mentioned, these would be great for beaders.

The catalog from Home Decorators (
www.homedecorators.com) has a
variety of models, in styles from Chinese carved wood to contemporary.
In particular, they have a line called Stanton Carts with up to 16
drawers. These are solid pine and come in natural, dark cherry,
white, oak, and black and the prices are _very_ reasonable.

These are nicer than my plastic and metal units but I don't think
you'd want to carry the drawers around the way I do. Still, have a
look at them.

If you want to get a catalog, call 800 245-2217. I've done business
with them and was quite satisfied.

Mary

"Turn to kill, not to engage." LCDR Willie Driscoll, USN
Old July 3rd 03, 09:14 PM
Dr. Sooz

Thank you, dearie!

I just noticed that map chests, with a whole bunch of shallow drawers,
are the newest addition to furniture styles. Like the ten-drawer
units I mentioned, these would be great for beaders.

The catalog from Home Decorators (www.homedecorators.com) has a
variety of models, in styles from Chinese carved wood to contemporary.
In particular, they have a line called Stanton Carts with up to 16
drawers. These are solid pine and come in natural, dark cherry,
white, oak, and black and the prices are _very_ reasonable.

These are nicer than my plastic and metal units but I don't think
you'd want to carry the drawers around the way I do. Still, have a
look at them.

If you want to get a catalog, call 800 245-2217. I've done business
with them and was quite satisfied.

Mary

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne