Mosaic Knitting

Old December 17th 03, 05:27 PM
SGC

Default Mosaic Knitting

Hello everyone,

I bought a magazine recently that had mosaic knitting in it. For some reason
I can't get my mind wrapped around the instructions (maybe I just need to
try it?!). Does anyone have some written out directions or can you point me
to a website w/ good written instructions/images??

Thanks in Advance,
SGC

Old December 18th 03, 01:58 AM
Katherine

I have the same magazine, and hope to try mosaic knitting over Christmas. I
hope I can get MY mind wrapped around the instructions, as I haven't looked
at them very carefully yet.
Katherine

Old December 18th 03, 06:08 AM
G.Kelly

Atara, I looked at the web site you gave us - and thank you very much for
it - as I had never heard of mosaic knitting but now I am hooked - I just
must try it and there was sufficient info on the web site to get me started.
Next week I have to go get some yarn for the 6x6 and so now I will also get
some colours to do a jumper for mylelf perhaps. If I ever get it done , I
will surely let you all have a peak compliments of Martin. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Atara" wrote in message
3...
"SGC" wrote in message

I bought a magazine recently that had mosaic knitting in it. For some

reason
I can't get my mind wrapped around the instructions (maybe I just
need to try it?!). Does anyone have some written out directions or
can you point

me
to a website w/ good written instructions/images??

Knitty had a good tutorial on mosiac knitting in their Summer 2003
issue.
( http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/FEATslipstitch.html )

I found their directions to be very helpful. Is the magazine you got
Family Circle Easy Knitting? I'm planning on making the afghan from
their mosiac knitting article... Well, it's on my project list, anyway.
^.^

--
Atara
"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."

Old December 18th 03, 12:19 PM
SGC

Yes, Atara, that's the magazine. I thought if nothing else I could
experiment by making some blocks out of scrappy yarn... If I stick to
brighter, primary colors I think I can get a baby blanket out of my
"learning" experience grin.
SGC

"Atara" wrote in message
3...

Old December 18th 03, 07:08 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

I have the same magazine, and hope to try mosaic knitting over Christmas. I
hope I can get MY mind wrapped around the instructions, as I haven't looked
at them very carefully yet.
Katherine

Are we all talking about Family Circle's magazine, it did read an article
about it, in there FAll issue. I found it hard to understand. I friend
told me that she uses the book Masaic knitting by Barbara G. Walker. This
is an old book c.1976. I was able to get it out of our library. I
will look at it when there is going to be a quiet moment herer LOL.

Flipping through this book there are many charts, and samples. I do not
see anywhere a step by step explanation of how to do it. I was told that
you knit with two colours. Each colour is knitted in a seperate row. The
stitches of the colour that is not knitted are slipped. When you come
back you knit those stitches and slip the ones that you just knitted.
This is all theory at the moment, I have to sit and try it.

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old December 18th 03, 07:40 PM
JJMolvik

From your short explanation, it sounds simple enough. Makes me
curious...............(OH NO!)

JJMolvik

Old December 18th 03, 07:44 PM
JJMolvik

After checking my local libraries, I could only find Barbara Walker's
"Mosaic Knitting" c.1997. Got it on request. Hee, hee, hee.........

JJMolvik

Old December 19th 03, 01:31 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "JJMolvik"
wrote:

After checking my local libraries, I could only find Barbara Walker's
"Mosaic Knitting" c.1997. Got it on request. Hee, hee, hee.........

JJMolvik

good we can look at it together if you get it soon that is.....

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....