treadle sewing machine

Old October 2nd 10, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irondale

Default treadle sewing machine

In case there's someone here that has been looking for a
good
treadle sewing machine, there is an auction tomorrow
(Sunday,
Oct 3) that has a beauty for sale. These are depressed
times
around here so who knows how much it's going to go for or
even
how many people will attend because of the economy.

For details, check out:

www.stokesaution.com

click on the Oct 3 sale and there are two pages of pictures
that
will be auctioned off. Sorry, can't remember if the
treadle was
on page 1 or 2 but it's there and it is a beauty.

I'm pretty sure Stokes takes offers over the phone. So if
anyone
has been looking for one, this might be just what they've
been
looking for.

Donna
in WA

Old October 2nd 10, 10:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

This will take you directly to the beauty- I hope! VBG- she's lovely!

http://www.stokesauctioninc.com/phot.../100_4700.html

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 3rd 10, 10:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

And how about that little Featherweight sitting right beside the
treadle? If I lived closer I'd give a call or go to the auction. But I
suspect my sweet DH would balk at driving that far for another old
sewing machine. Sigh. Is it wrong to want them all?

Sunny
Old October 3rd 10, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irondale

Sunny, isnt the treadle cabinet a beauty! I'd love just to
have
that and, yes, I did see the little Featherweight. If you
look
to the lower right of the picture, you'll see the foot press
that
most likely goes with the FW. She must have used her FW on
top of the treadle. Curious to see if the top is in as
great
condition as the rest of the cabinet.

I'm going as it's only about a 15 minute drive from where I
live.
No money in my pockets but I want to look. And there just
might be old cotton material that they all think is
worthless.
Crossing my fingers!

Donna
in WA

Old October 3rd 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 16:49:14 -0500, Leslie& The Furbabies in MO. wrote
(in article ):

http://www.stokesauctioninc.com/phot...es/100_4700.ht

ml

That is a beauty!

Maureen

Old October 3rd 10, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irondale

and because of the economy, I'm sure it went for less then
$100.
The people attending just don't have the $$ to spend these
days
and every item was going cheap and cheaper. The drawers of
the
treadle were full of stuff! And it was prettier sitting
right
in front of me then the pictures shows. There was lot's of
material but only a few cottens. One was so cute...really
old
material of raggedy ann and andy.

I bought one item and then left. But it was fun checking
every
thing out. Sewing extra's all over the place plus there was
huge knitting machine, so tons of yarn.

Donna
in WA

Old October 4th 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Irondale wrote:
In case there's someone here that has been looking for a good
treadle sewing machine, there is an auction tomorrow (Sunday,
Oct 3) that has a beauty for sale. These are depressed times
around here so who knows how much it's going to go for or even
how many people will attend because of the economy.

For details, check out:

www.stokesaution.com

click on the Oct 3 sale and there are two pages of pictures that
will be auctioned off. Sorry, can't remember if the treadle was
on page 1 or 2 but it's there and it is a beauty.

I'm pretty sure Stokes takes offers over the phone. So if anyone
has been looking for one, this might be just what they've been
looking for.

Donna
in WA

Auctions are so much fun!! Fortunately for my wallet I don't live close
enough to go to this one. Also, by serendipity I just found a
inexpensive treadle on Craigslist and have my itch scratched. It has a
lovely wooden cabinet and all sorts of attachments. I haven't been
playing with it because first I'm reorganizing my sewing space to make
room for it....
Allison

Old October 6th 10, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

First I have to clean up the chaos so my new baby will be the center of
attention. rather than the random stacks of fabric. LOL On the bright
side - it will be lovely to be organized.. for at least a little bit!
Allison