Wall hanging is done!!

Old July 12th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

Default Wall hanging is done!!

I finally finished a large 'appliqué in the hoop' quilt today. It's
going to go in my office at work; I'm really pleased with how it came
out. If you'd like to take a look it is he

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...66907372Noticj

I posted a few days ago about useing the binding method Sharon
Schamber outlines on her website using Elmer's school glue instead of
pins to keep everything in check and I have to say, this is the best
binding I've ever done. It's flat and smooth. I've never done mitered
corners before because I was too scared to try it but using her method
they are perfect. With my arthritic fingers, this method is a godsend.
Pins are so painful to deal with sometimes.

Anyway, this is hopefully the first in a series of seasonal applique
quits for
my office, one each for summer, fall, winter and spring. (I know, big
dreams!)

-Irene in cloudy CNY
Old July 12th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
IMS wrote:

[...]

That's really lovely, Irene!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old July 12th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Oh my, how pretty, pretty, pretty. Exquisite color choices and incredible
satin-stitching. Any tricks to that you'd like to share? Polly

Old July 12th 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

i just love it! so pretty! i love the satin stitch. i want to do that
for a quilt for my DIL's brother. tips would be great. Like: how much
thread do i really have to buy?? and did you use fusable web or what?

thanks!! amy in CNY
Old July 12th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Jul 11, 7:19*pm, IMS wrote:
[...]

Lovely! All the seasonal quilts sound wonderful. In my spare
time............

Kim in NJ
Old July 12th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

Polly, the secret is the entire design is programmed. After putting
the designs on the USB stick and the USB stick into my Viking D1, I
slide a bit of fabric ontop of the hooped fabric, making sure it
covers an outline the machine has already stitched out, and then the
machine tacks it down. I remove the hoop, trim all areound it, put it
back on and then the machine does the rest including the beautiful
satin stitches. Its a beautiful thing and a whole lot of fun to do.
It's called 'applique in the hoop.' I used Mettler machine embroidery
thread, which has a lovely sheen.

-Irene

Old July 12th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

Hi Amy, see my answer to Polly.... the designs are programmed. I put
them on the USB stick and move them to my machine which has a USB
port. The machine stitches out the outline on a hooped piece of
fabric; then I put a piece of fabric on it to cover the outline, and
the machine then tacks it into place. Just trim the excess off, and
the machine does the beautiful satin stitches all the way around whild
I go off and start dinner Its a great thing and a whole lot of fun
to do. It's called 'applique in the hoop.' I used Mettler machine
embroidery thread, which has a lovely sheen; surprisingly, it doesn't
use as much as it looks like it does!

This is the first 'real' project I've done on my new Designer 1 that
uses these particular embroidery features and I've enjoyed it so much.

-Irene

Old July 12th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Stitchin' Duchess

How beautiful! It is just perfect. Congratulations!

Stitchin Duchess

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 12th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Indeed it is, Irene. A beautiful thing. Polly

"IMS" wrote Polly, the secret is the entire design is programmed. After

Old July 12th 08, 08:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

That is wonderful Irene.It will be greatly admired by all I'm sure.
--
Estelle UK
Gallagher one one at btinternet.com

You are never too old to become the person you should have been!
My photos are here!
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11
"IMS" wrote in message
[...]

African Wall Hanging - new pix Bronnie Quilting 10 July 26th 07 07:01 PM
? wall hanging yvette Quilting 7 June 17th 07 01:31 PM
I finsished the wall hanging :) Carissa Quilting 9 December 20th 06 07:02 PM
What use is a wall hanging? Kate Dicey Quilting 94 January 23rd 06 09:08 PM
Bad comments on wall hanging? Joanna Quilting 2 July 5th 04 07:18 PM