Att'n Mirjam

Old July 13th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default Att'n Mirjam

OK, I may be really stupid, but I am having serious problems trying to
figure out the whole thing that is happening in your part of the world. I
did a search for maps of Palestine and Israel. I found Israel with no
difficulty, but there is really no such place as "Palestine". So what gives?
How is it that there are people called "Palestinians"? Please explain this
to me, in as simple terms as you can.

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 13th 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Sheila in OZ

Have a look here it has lots of information

http://www.palestine-net.com/

http://www.palestinefacts.org/

or just type in Palestine into google.com

Old July 13th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Yes, SHeila, I have looked at those sites before, but isn't Israel in the
same place geographically? I understand that they are fighting over land,
but if I wanted to send a letter, would I send it to Israel or Palestine?

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 13th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:19:52 -0300, Katherine spun a fine yarn

"Katherine" wrote in message
OK, I may be really stupid, but I am having serious problems trying
to figure out the whole thing that is happening in your part of the
world. I did a search for maps of Palestine and Israel. I found
Israel with no difficulty, but there is really no such place as
"Palestine". So what gives? How is it that there are people called
"Palestinians"? Please explain this to me, in as simple terms as you
can. Higs,
Katherine

Katherine,
The land of Israel belongs to the Israeli's/Jews, it is their
birthright, land given to them by God.
The "Palestinians" are of Arab descent, and have no right to the land.
JM2C,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0628-4, 07/13/2006
Tested: 7/13/2006 9:58:29 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 13th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Katherine i will slowly answer you , just now i am not exactly in the
right mood , i try to live as normal as possible , we cleaned the
shelter , a million Israelies will sleep tonight in shelters , because
a Terrorist lead by Iran wanted to escalate fights ,,,,
Also i don`t think political debates are good to be conducted here ,,,

Amongst the poeple by the missiles today were Jewish as well as Arab
people .

Old July 13th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message

Also i don`t think political debates are good to be conducted here ,,,

I heartily agree Mirjam. Be well, you're in my thoughts.

Shelagh

Old July 13th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:51:09 -0300, Katherine spun a fine yarn

Thanks, Mirjam. I appreciate your replying. I wasn't trying to start a
debate, just to get some clarification. Now, thanks to some off-list mails,
and some googling, I have a bit of an understanding.

Higs,
Katherine

I certainly didn't mean to escalate any kind of debate either, I just
stated my opinion, shared by many.....
Hugs,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0628-4, 07/13/2006
Tested: 7/13/2006 4:00:40 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 13th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

Is this us talking or is this again a converstion by interlopers....??

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 14th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Midwest poster

Dear Mirjam, I pray that you and all residents of Haifa survive the attacks
and that tomorrow will be a better day.

--
Jan in MN