dollhouse plan

Old November 15th 05, 11:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses

Default dollhouse plan

Greetings Chuck,

Yes, I was talking about you and your goblets, they made a positive impact
on me. I still have the pictures that you sent me a few years back . . . I
did the carved chain that was a little larger than the date on a dime--to
refresh your memory of who is typing on this side.

Sorry if I was out of line, I just hate to see this NG languish. I just . .
..

Anyway, it was good to hear from you again. And thanks for the response.

Best regards,
Patrick

Old November 15th 05, 06:48 PM
Chuck

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:34:28 -0800, "Patrick"
wrote:

It's pretty bad to talk to yourself on a newsgroup. Any comments out there?

Pretty funny, Patrick. I think there are a number of us out here in
semi-lurk mode. We read and respond to questions when we have
something pertinent to add, but other than that, you're right, it can
be a pretty dead zone here. In the old days there were probably 30 or
more people who were regular contributors and we had a very vibrant
newsgroup. But with the advent of cheaper web space, chat rooms and
so on, more and more people have migrated over to the bells and
whistles, pictures and pretty colors of the WWW rather than the "mere
words" of UseNet.

Be that as it may, there are always a few die-hards out here who will
respond when we have something useful (or not?!) to add to the
conversation.

You spoke about goblets and that caught my eye, although I'm not so
conceited that I think you're referring to me! However, I used to
turn some miniature goblets, too. Haven't turned any miniatures in
quite a while, really. Just too many other full-sized projects to do,
and not really much to do with them anyhow, after I get them turned.
They don't seem to sell well on eBay, unless I want to pretty much
give them away, and I don't know anyone personally, other than my
wife, who collects.

So, if I turn them, they just wind up rattling around in a box or
tossed in a drawer. Anyhow, we're here, just not too chatty.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Old November 16th 05, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:31:33 -0800, "Patrick"
wrote:

Yes, I was talking about you and your goblets, they made a positive impact
on me.

Well blush I seldom think of myself as "talented," but thanks for
the compliment.

I still have the pictures that you sent me a few years back . . . I
did the carved chain that was a little larger than the date on a dime--to
refresh your memory of who is typing on this side.

If you're the carver dude, I still have your pictures too, including
mobius, which I thought was pretty cool.

Sorry if I was out of line, I just hate to see this NG languish. I just . .

Goodness, why would I think you were "out of line?" You're as free
and welcome to post here as anyone else! Especially if you're on
topic, which you certainly are. Yep, I hate to see it languish too,
but what can you do. I've posted informative articles in the past,
rather randomly, and I don't know if even one person read them or saw
them. Something a little disheartening about just chucking (if you'll
pardon the pun) your ideas out in the ether with no idea if they're
ever being intercepted.

Anyway, it was good to hear from you again. And thanks for the response.

Always nice to hear old "voices" in the newsgroup.

Old November 17th 05, 06:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses

What I respected about your goblets, other than the obvious . . . they were
scale done well, but the detail on the foot was what I really liked.

Yep, I hate to see it languish too,
but what can you do. I've posted informative articles in the past,
rather randomly, and I don't know if even one person read them or saw
them. Something a little disheartening about just chucking (if you'll
pardon the pun) your ideas out in the ether with no idea if they're
ever being intercepted.

Every day I check four ng's for posting, this being the third. I have
enjoyed the postings and mused over the long threads of hot debate.
I wish I was around earlier when it was thriving with q & a, stories of new
or tragic experiences, or whatever you guys typed at a furious pace when . .
.. I have learned from this ng in several ways. When we first traded pics,
I was scratching at the door of mini's . . . curious to enter the door of
small. Geez, we talked what three years ago when I first logged on to my
first newsgroup, in a new state, knowing no one, time to change careers
after going back to school and losing all of those contacts in a field I
would never go back to.

I've read, surfed, researched, to a degree of madness; who made, sold,
bought, created, closed their doors, died, or retired in the miniature
industry. I needed to know if a living could be made at this. Even called
around sixty stores across the country. What I learned was that this is a
close knit group of fine folks who really love what they are doing--bless
them all.

To answer your question or wondering, I've read everything posted since we
first talked, which is how this whole long thread started. Hmmmm..

And me, I'm working with the schools and their Science Olympiad teams
building and busting bridges. Still working in scale miniatures . . . but,
we break these. Which reminds me of a saying my brother-in-law always said,
who owned a glass shop, "never say break" in a sentence around him. Who
knows, maybe some of the builders will become miniaturist in the future.
But every day I check this ng in hope of something for my passion for
miniatures, which also inspired this thread.

Best regards with more ramblings if someone replies and starts me off a new
path,
Patrick