How to Quilt TB "A Quilter's Garden"?

Old September 3rd 03, 03:37 AM
rjwhite6

Default How to Quilt TB "A Quilter's Garden"?

Old September 3rd 03, 01:04 PM
Pat in Virginia

Hello rjwhite6:
How about using an all over pattern? You could try the lovely
traditional one usually known as Baptist Fans. Some others are
clamshells, lattice, diamonds, waves. But I like the Fans best.
Do you have a shorter name than rjwhite6? Could you sign your
posts, please? Thanks.

PAT in VA/USa

rjwhite6 wrote:

Oops, I hit the send key too soon.

I have finished a Thimberries "A Quilter's Garden" top and am ready to
quilt it. It is quilt #10.

#9 just finished had lots of freehand on DSM, so am comfortable with
freehand.

I don't want this quilt to be 'just another QG kit'. The problem is
that the fabrics are so busy and the blocks so varied that the
quilting will probably get lost, yet I don't want to just meander
unless that is the most appropriate thing to do.

Ideas?

Old September 3rd 03, 04:24 PM
Roberta Zollner

First I'd stabilize by SITD around all the blocks. Then find a pretty wreath
or star design to fit the 12" blocks and do the same in all of them. (The
back will look nice even if it doesn't show on the front.) I'd find a cable
or feather swag, one narrow and one wide, and use these for the inside and
outside borders, separated by stitching each edge of the narrow red strip
(assuming you did borders the same as the picture). I'd treat the 2 inner
border strips as one.
Roberta in D

Old September 3rd 03, 05:09 PM
Diana Curtis

How about we just call him RJ ?
We could even guess his *real* name... hmmm.. .Robert James?
Diana
--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Pat in Virginia" (snipped quilty stuff)

Old September 3rd 03, 06:23 PM
Patti

RJ's name is Ron!
I have a selective memory? just seem to remember things like this!
..
In article , Diana Curtis
writes

How about we just call him RJ ?
We could even guess his *real* name... hmmm.. .Robert James?
Diana
--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Pat in Virginia" (snipped quilty stuff)
Do you have a shorter name than rjwhite6? Could you sign your
posts, please? Thanks.

PAT in VA/USa

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 4th 03, 12:17 AM
rjwhite6

AARRRGG! You told!
Just kidding.

Very good memory, I'm impressed.

The lack of signing is from spam-o-phobia.
But I should know by now that I'm among friends.

.

Old September 4th 03, 12:18 AM
rjwhite6

Ron White, From Indianapolis, IN.

Old September 4th 03, 12:31 AM
rjwhite6

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 08:04:59 -0400, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Thanks Pat.
That would be easier and look lovely. It would also unify the quilt.

I want my QG quilt to be different from the masses, and have had a
satisfying taste of freehand quilting. I am leaning a lot closer to
Roberta's ideas even though they are a lot more work.
This would also give the back of the quilt much more interest.

Hello rjwhite6:
How about using an all over pattern? You could try the lovely
traditional one usually known as Baptist Fans. Some others are
clamshells, lattice, diamonds, waves. But I like the Fans best.

But, but, but, I'm spam-o-phobic!
The desire for a more personal moniker is appreciated.
That's what's good about this group: helpfulness, caring and sense of
community.
(see other posts for the mystery to be revealed.)

Old September 4th 03, 01:13 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

We don't mind aliases. Just like to have a 'name' to reply to when talking
with you. Afterall, my parents didn't name me LN, but I tend to sign that
way IRL as well.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér