Finish and Caveat

Old April 6th 13, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Default Finish and Caveat

Finished French Country Wedding Bells by JBW (I'm actually ahead of
schedule on this gift!)

NSLNS kitted it up with one 5-yard WDW. The names of bride and groom
were not long names, and you know I'm extremely thrifty with my floss
.... I finished with only about 6" (2 ply) to spare (14/28 count).
Quick, easy stitch, but if you're not as careful as I am with floss
usage, or you're marrying off a Christopher or Elizabeth rather than
shorter names, you'll need more than 5 yards.

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 4/6/13 – French Country Wedding Bells (JBW)

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2013 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEW GIRLS, IT HAS
BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION WHICH
CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Old April 7th 13, 01:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

On 4/6/2013 4:40 PM, Karen C wrote:
Finished French Country Wedding Bells by JBW (I'm actually ahead of
schedule on this gift!)

NSLNS kitted it up with one 5-yard WDW. The names of bride and groom
were not long names, and you know I'm extremely thrifty with my floss
... I finished with only about 6" (2 ply) to spare (14/28 count). Quick,
easy stitch, but if you're not as careful as I am with floss usage, or
you're marrying off a Christopher or Elizabeth rather than shorter
names, you'll need more than 5 yards.

Good for you Karen, and thanks for the heads up.

I have not dropped off the ends of the earth, just been extremely busy.

Bobbie V.
Old April 8th 13, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

way to go Karen!

Old April 17th 13, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

I can report a finish, too! I finished Through a mother's eyes (made
for my DD's upcoming wedding) a week or so ago. I had the pink ribbon
on her dress all done but then decided to pull it out and make it
lavender, which is one of Mandy's colors. I actually like the lavender
better! I still have to wash and iron it and take it to the framer's.
I've already picked out the frame so all they'll need to do is put it in.

Then I started on Furry friends
( http://www.nordicneedle.com/prod/205-209-65121.html )
which DGD Addison picked out when we were at NN. It will be for her
b-d, which is the end of May. I'm already half done with that and then
I will be doing another "My sweet heart" for Mandy's ring pillow for her
wedding, after which I'll take the pillow apart and have it framed for them.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures
(one of these days I *will* get more added!!!!)

Unknown
Old April 18th 13, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

Default Finish

I finished my last panel for the MarBek Nativity and will now get it framed.
I also finished the 2000 free angel from MLI. Now I have started a kit from
Sunset that is called Hummingbird Art designed by Martha Edwards. It will
be fun to stitch.
Sharon in MN

Old April 18th 13, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 4/18/2013 6:59 AM, sharoncapps wrote:
I finished my last panel for the MarBek Nativity and will now get it
framed.

Whew! That one's a lot of work! What color fabric did you stitch it on?

Old April 19th 13, 07:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joyce in RSA

On 2013/04/19 12:58 AM, Joan Erickson wrote:
On 4/18/2013 6:59 AM, sharoncapps wrote:
I finished my last panel for the MarBek Nativity and will now get it
framed.

Whew! That one's a lot of work! What color fabric did you stitch it on?

.....and how long did it take? It took me 3 years to do mine, on navy
aida, but it was worth it. It's now in Australia with DD Margot and family.

Joyce in RSA.
Old April 19th 13, 01:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

I did it on the dark blue and loved it. It was harder to work on but well
worth it.
Sharon in MN

Old April 19th 13, 01:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

I guess it took about 5 years. I did one panel a year and worked on other
things the rest of the year. I did mine on the 36 count Edinburg linen and
used the magnifier and lots of light.
Sharon in MN

Old April 19th 13, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joyce in RSA

That must have been more difficult. Magnifiers are such a boon! I
couldn't afford anything better than aida, even though I'd been lucky
enough to receive everything else as a gift, including the frames. It
needed such a lot of material! It still looked beautiful, though.

Joyce in RSA.

Finish, and Caveat Karen C Needlework 0 April 2nd 13 07:25 PM
Caveat Emptor: Internet Fabric Sales Sherry Quilting 18 August 14th 09 01:52 PM
Caveat Emptor Christina Peterson Beads 4 January 21st 06 09:02 AM
Caveat Emptor! Christina Peterson Beads 6 October 21st 04 09:36 AM
Caveat Emptor Christina Peterson Beads 0 October 14th 04 11:00 PM