Another Roll Call

Old January 5th 05, 05:02 PM
The Brown Family

Default Another Roll Call

Good job Wendy on getting everyone talking. O.K.....so it's my turn.

I'm Lorraine Brown, I think it comes up as The Brown Family. I'm 46 (gulp),
with a wonderful husband of 17.5 yrs. and 2 great kids, Rachel 10 and Sean 16.
My son is graduating from high school this year and has just applied at a few
Universities......and I am so not ready for this. And, I also have an adorable
little Westie dog named Robbie. We live in Ottawa, Canada, which is a really
nice city to live in, except for some of our -30+ deg. days in the winter.
I have been quilting for (I think) approximately 6 yrs. and have learned so much
along the way, and still alot more to learn. I am lucky enough to be able to
stay at home, so I have quite alot of time to be doing what I want to do. I own
a Husqvarna Viking 1+ , which I am very happy with (got that when Nortel shares
were doing well and could afford it......and probably no hope of getting the
more recent Designer SE model for approximately $9,000 Canadian), I also own a
White 2000 serger, a White Quilters Machine 1740 (portable) and a vintage
treadle machine in an oak cabinet (which is used for display and never use it to
sew on). I really enjoy quilting, and if I'm not quilting, I'm usually thinking
about it and planning a project (which may or may not get done). For Christmas
I got the HP Label Making software and still have yet to use it. Maybe now I
can put labels on those quilts I've made. Thanks for
listening........next.......

Lorraine

Old January 6th 05, 12:33 PM
Carolyn McCarty

I didn't have time to reply to the Roll Call earlier. Here goes:

My name is Carolyn McCarty, I live in Tucson, Arizona USA. I'm 60 years
old, divorced, I have one grown son who lives in Idaho. I share my home
with one QI, 'Dorable Dora the cat. My mother lives across the street from
me, which is nice. I've been quilting since 1996 and have made quite a few
quilts considering that I work full-time and have other interests. I like
my job but whine about it a lot because it is stressful. I have a Kenmore
sewing machine, two Featherweights, and I am hoping to get a 301 for machine
quilting when I get my tax return. I piece on a Featherweight and then do
the machine quilting on the Kenmore at present. I've hand-quilted a couple
of quilts, and really enjoy it though I find I am a bit impatient and prefer
to machine-quilt so I can get the project finished and go on to the next. I
think I am a fabric-oholic as I can't resist getting at least a fat quarter
of a fabric I like. For me, a perfect day is to get a Featherweight out on
the kitchen table, put a good movie or audiobook on the DVD player, and just
sew. Quilting satisfies my need to work with color, something that left me
when I developed Carpal Tunnel and Tendonitis some years ago--I was unable
to paint or do any of the other things I loved. I look forward to
retirement, when I can spend more time at the sewing machine and maybe
indulge myself in more hand quilting.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

Roll Call! frood Quilting 318 February 2nd 05 02:38 PM
Roll Call [email protected] Quilting 9 January 7th 05 01:15 AM
Follow Up to the Roll Call Thread nbhilyard Quilting 5 January 5th 05 07:56 PM
Roll call Cindy Schmidt Quilting 0 January 4th 05 04:46 PM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM