colour help needed

Old November 3rd 04, 03:15 PM
Jessamy

Default colour help needed

Hi all

I need some help deciding on colours for a quilt...

if you could choose 3 colours & a background to express a season (not a
holiday theme) which colours would you choose for:
* spring
*summer
*autumn
*winter

thank you so very much!

--
Jessamy ( pondering ....)
In The Netherlands

Old November 3rd 04, 03:24 PM
KJ

Lets see...
spring ... yellow lavender pink and mint green....I guess that's why I don't
make Spring table runners etc!
summer...grass green, bright sky blue, red and ?
fall....gotta be the easiest...orange, purple, dark green, and rusty red
winter, icy blues, shades of white and grays and maybe red for the
cardinals!
Not quite within the boundaries you asked...but close!

Old November 3rd 04, 03:32 PM
maryd

Spring--light green background with yellow, white and lavenders
Summer--dark green background, bright yellow, and blues
Fall--brown background with yellow, reds, and oranges
Winter--pale blue on white background with grays and black

--
Mary

Old November 3rd 04, 03:59 PM
Julia in MN

Jessamy wrote:
if you could choose 3 colours & a background to express a season (not a
holiday theme) which colours would you choose for:

sky blue background for all
* spring

light green, yellow, pinks/lavenders
*summer

bright green & other brights
*autumn

orange, gold, dark red
*winter

white, grays, black, flash of red

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old November 3rd 04, 04:38 PM
Julia Altshuler

What a cool question! I'll answer then check everyone else's answers.

Autumn is easiest: burgundy, tawny orange, dark muted green against an
espresso brown background.

Winter is the hardest: Maybe bright sky blue, clear light grey, off
white on a charcoal grey background.

Last spring I went around with a camera to capture the colors. Limiting
it to 3 and a background is the hard part. How about periwinkle blue,
pink and lavender on a medium green background? But that leaves out
that bright lime green color that would be obnoxious anywhere else but
on spring is so welcome it's a joy.

You normally think of red and green as Christmas colors, but I think of
them as summer. I'm thinking a deep tomato red, and 2 greens against a
green background, maybe a bright green and a medium green on a dark
green background?

--Lia

Old November 3rd 04, 05:51 PM
Patti

Hullo Jessamy
Lovely question; hope you have your deciding cap on g
Spring:
Fresh green background, with bluebell blue, crocus/daffodil yellow, and
white
Summer:
Darker green background, with purple, pink, and bright blue
Autumn:
Deep golden yellow background, with red, orange and chestnut brown
Winter:
Snowy white/grey background, with dark holly green, black and that
special pale, clear blue of a winter sky.
..
In article , Jessamy
writes
Hi all

I need some help deciding on colours for a quilt...

if you could choose 3 colours & a background to express a season (not a
holiday theme) which colours would you choose for:
* spring
*summer
*autumn
*winter

thank you so very much!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 3rd 04, 06:23 PM
Debra

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:15:07 +0100, "Jessamy"
wrote:

Hi all

I need some help deciding on colours for a quilt...

if you could choose 3 colours & a background to express a season (not a
holiday theme) which colours would you choose for:

Colors that make me think of a season.........I can't pick just 3
spring-canary yellow, sky blue, spring green, and pure white
summer-aqua and other blues that remind me of water, sea foam green,
grass green, bright red, and sand
autumn-burgundy, brown, orange, pale yellow, dark green, off white,
and gold
winter-a range of blues with the darkest being midnight blue, gray,
and white

Debra in VA
Old November 3rd 04, 06:53 PM
Denise G.

Winter: Sage green, light cream, barn red

Spring: Lilac, yellow, spring green

Summer: icy blue, deep green, white

Fall: purple, deep pumpkin orange, pine green

Denise in NH
My quilt guild:
www.amoskeagqg.org

Old November 3rd 04, 07:06 PM
Roberta Zollner

spring: peach, lime and lavender on cream
summer: rose, turquoise and lemon yellow on white
fall: golden yellow, olive and brown on tan
winter: red violet, ice blue and emerald green on charcoal grey
Roberta in D

Old November 3rd 04, 07:39 PM
Pati Cook

LOL, my answers are going to be strange, since I am a desert rat born in
Arizona.......
Spring: bright green, beige background (sandy color), creamy white,
lighter orangy yellows.
Summer: Hot colors: Red, oranges, yellows, think sunshine and heat.
Autumn: browns, golds, dark adobe red, some purple
Winter: Cool purples, blues, dark green, browns, maybe white/almost white.

Like I said, different from probably most areas of the world.

Pati, in Phx.