Found an interesting quilt pattern

Old July 27th 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathyl

Default Found an interesting quilt pattern

On Jul 26, 10:47*pm, "Kate in MI" wrote:
So glad to hear it was **only** a few stings! *Last summer my DH stepped on
a wasp nest that was buried in our mulch. *He had over a dozen stings and
both dogs were covered with wasps. *When I got to reading online about wasp
nests in the ground -- I read that there can be hundreds (if not thousands)
of wasps in a single nest.

Scary stuff!

--
Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

Dh was out weed whacking the woods behind out house and got into one
of those wasp's nests. He was stung about 30 times and they even
chased him into the house. I was away from home and got a strange
phone call to come home immediately. (Not like him to give an
"order") He didn't know if he would have a reaction to the stings and
he'd flipped off his glasses somewhere between the site and the house
and I needed to find them. So I hustled home and found his glasses on
the floor of the laundry room where he'd stripped off his clothes
(with wasps hanging on). We had a couple live wasps in his clothes
that I killed and one or two flying around in the house that had come
in with him. I then (stupidly) went out back to retrieve the tools.
The weed wacker was lying downhill, do I could grab the part furthest
from the nest and slide it up the hill. The wasps were still
agitated. As I carefully slid the weed eater up....they started
coming after me. I must had looked like a mad woman....screeching and
flailing my arms as I ran back to the house. I ended up being stun in
4 or 5 places. Nasty buggars! We gave one of the dead ones to an
entomologist and he identified it http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/yellowjackets.htm
We were told to go out after dark and pour a couple pots of boiling
water down the hole. That seemed to do the trick. We'll never
forget that crazy day!
Old July 27th 10, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

On Jul 27, 9:39*am, Kathyl wrote:
[...]

The weed w[h]acker was...

ROTFL!

"The weed whacker, Vern - the WEED WHACKER!!!" - Hamilton "Hammy"
Squirrel