A project maybe ???

Old December 18th 04, 02:29 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Default A project maybe ???

This I saw in thismorning's paper, and thought you may be interested.

Crocheted
cosmos
"London: A British mathematician has made a crochet model of a chaos, the
BBC reported yesterday. Hinke Osinga of the engineering mathematics
department at the Bristol University needed 25,511 stitches to represent the
Lorenz eqations that describe chaotic systems"

He really did not need to go to all that trouble - mu crochet creates
"chaotic systems" all by themselves. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old December 18th 04, 02:45 AM
Katherine

Gwendoline Kelly wrote:
This I saw in thismorning's paper, and thought you may be interested.

Crocheted cosmos
"London: A British mathematician has made a crochet model of a chaos,
the BBC reported yesterday. Hinke Osinga of the engineering
mathematics department at the Bristol University needed 25,511
stitches to represent the Lorenz eqations that describe chaotic
systems"

He really did not need to go to all that trouble - mu crochet creates
"chaotic systems" all by themselves. God Bless Gwen

LOL Yes, Gwen, I can create chaos with no help from a mathematician!

Katherine

Old December 18th 04, 04:51 AM
Beinchat

Sounds like something my little cat did one night while I was sleeping
LOL.
Marie and the cats
Old December 18th 04, 06:06 AM
Millie

"Gwendoline Kelly" wrote in message

cosmos
"London: A British mathematician has made a crochet model of a chaos,

the
BBC reported yesterday.

We live in Bristol and that was on the local news last night. The poor
interviewer didn't have a clue what the Mathematicians were trying to
illustrate but the crochet looked really interesting.

There's a picture of it on the University website, if you want to see
what it looks like. http://www.bris.ac.uk/news/2004/589

Old December 18th 04, 09:57 AM
Anna MCM

Millie wrote:
=20
We live in Bristol and that was on the local news last night. The poor
interviewer didn't have a clue what the Mathematicians were trying to
illustrate but the crochet looked really interesting.
=20
There's a picture of it on the University website, if you want to see
what it looks like. http://www.bris.ac.uk/news/2004/589
=20
=20

Thanks!

There you can find the pattern as well! Well, don=B4t expect the usual sc=
,=20
dc at the beginning, you have to wait five pages for that :-D

I=B4m considering giving it a try when I=B4ll have more time...

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old December 18th 04, 11:57 AM
Aud

"Gwendoline Kelly" skrev i melding
This I saw in thismorning's paper, and thought you may be interested.

Crocheted
cosmos
"London: A British mathematician has made a crochet model of a chaos,
the
BBC reported yesterday. Hinke Osinga of the engineering mathematics
department at the Bristol University needed 25,511 stitches to
represent the
Lorenz eqations that describe chaotic systems"

He really did not need to go to all that trouble - mu crochet creates
"chaotic systems" all by themselves. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Oh MY!!
Why didn't he ask experts????
AUD ;-))

Old December 18th 04, 05:58 PM
Katherine

Millie wrote:
"Gwendoline Kelly" wrote in message

cosmos
"London: A British mathematician has made a crochet model of a
chaos, the BBC reported yesterday.

We live in Bristol and that was on the local news last night. The poor
interviewer didn't have a clue what the Mathematicians were trying to
illustrate but the crochet looked really interesting.

There's a picture of it on the University website, if you want to see
what it looks like. http://www.bris.ac.uk/news/2004/589

Wow! I love it! And it doesn't look at all chaotic. g

Katherine

Old December 19th 04, 02:19 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Marie - love your sense of humour - says I still laughing God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old December 19th 04, 02:21 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Millie thank you for that site - it certainly looks interesting - however I
still think I agree with Marie God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

k...

Old December 19th 04, 07:15 AM
Millie

"Anna MCM" wrote in message

I´m considering giving it a try when I´ll have more time...

Hmm, I wonder what it would look like in size 40 thread and how long it
would take... :-D

Longest Needlepoint Project Maureen Miller Needlework 45 July 8th 04 02:09 PM
Project planning Bungadora Beads 25 March 30th 04 08:12 AM
Limited Edition Needlepoint Project Available to Groups Napa Needlepoint Marketplace 0 December 16th 03 10:18 PM
My "New Wardrobe" Project Kari Yarn 0 October 1st 03 10:27 PM