OT Sort Of...Dazor rant

Old June 25th 05, 02:47 AM
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Default OT Sort Of...Dazor rant

O.K. D.H. said not to worry, HE was going to fix my Dazor lamp so I could
get back to my stitching. He took it apart last night, proclaimed it
'fixed', and went to bed. About half an hour later I set up my stitching,
swung the lamp over my work, and pushed the button to turn it on. It
shorted out. Seething, I put my stitching away. Today DH gets home from
work and says not to worry. HE knew what the problem was. So he took my
lamp apart, and laid the several pieces on the table. Then he discovered he
had no idea where all those 'loose wires' went, couldn't fix it after all,
and asked what I was cooking for supper!!!! The parts are still laying on
the table, where they will be until I take my lamp to the lamp store
tomorrow! GGGGGRRRRRR!!! Would somebody please tell me again why I got
married? And thank you very much for allowing the rant!

Maureen
--
Heirlooms In Stitching

Old June 25th 05, 01:30 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/24/05 9:47 PM, in article KI2ve.1793577$Xk.827966@pd7tw3no, "Maureen In
Vancouver, B.C." wrote:

O.K. D.H. said not to worry, HE was going to fix my Dazor lamp so I could
get back to my stitching. He took it apart last night, proclaimed it
'fixed', and went to bed. About half an hour later I set up my stitching,
swung the lamp over my work, and pushed the button to turn it on. It
shorted out. Seething, I put my stitching away. Today DH gets home from
work and says not to worry. HE knew what the problem was. So he took my
lamp apart, and laid the several pieces on the table. Then he discovered he
had no idea where all those 'loose wires' went, couldn't fix it after all,
and asked what I was cooking for supper!!!! The parts are still laying on
the table, where they will be until I take my lamp to the lamp store
tomorrow!

Oh dear - some people should not be issued screw drivers!

GGGGGRRRRRR!!! Would somebody please tell me again why I got
married?

'cause you love him?
And thank you very much for allowing the rant!

You're welcome!

Old June 25th 05, 06:37 PM
Pat EAXStitch

"Lucretia Borgia" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:47:22 GMT, "Maureen In Vancouver, B.C."
wrote:

[...]

Now really! If any one of us could answer that question, we would
have books on the market and television shows !!!

Sorry about the lamp though.

Small boys ALWAYS take things apart but are unable to put them together
again! Big boys should have grown out of it!

Pat P

Old June 25th 05, 08:35 PM
Carey N.

"Maureen In Vancouver, B.C." wrote in message ...
[...]

Your DH doesn't sound as if he has any interest in learning to fix lamps, so
next time a lamp (or other electrical appliance he is unfamiliar with
repairing) breaks, just send it out to be fixed; don't even mention it to
him. It may cost more in $$, but less in aggrivation.

Another alternative is to get some books on repairs around the house, and do
it yourself. (And I wouldn't mention your success to him either, or he'll
be bringing you more things to fix!) Hope the shop can fix your lamp up
just like new, and soon.
Just my .02.
Carey in MA

Old June 25th 05, 10:28 PM
Lucille

wrote:

[...]

If I remember it correctly, big boys are only small boys in a bigger body
and the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

Lucille

Old June 26th 05, 12:17 AM
fran

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:37:08 GMT, "Pat EAXStitch"
wrote:

Small boys ALWAYS take things apart but are unable to put them together
again! Big boys should have grown out of it!

Pat P

No, they don't!
Old June 26th 05, 12:25 AM
Pat EAXStitch

wrote:

Small boys ALWAYS take things apart but are unable to put them together
again! Big boys should have grown out of it!

Pat P

No, they don't!

LOLOL! Mine has, thank God! Particularly now we have a very clever B.I.L
not to mention a wonderful ex-Son in law who can fix absolutely ANYTHING!!!

Our daughter`s "better half " is one of those people who takes things to
pieces and never puts them back together again, though! It drives her nuts!

Mind you, I can fix most things myself, much to DH`s annoyance.

Pat P

Old June 27th 05, 07:49 AM
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

This just gets better and better (Not). We took the lamp to the lighting
store. They've never seen one like that and can't fix it. So I did the only
thing left. I stopped at the LCB and bought a bottle of white wine (my
fav.) That night one of my karate students called. He wanted to come by
and practice at our house. After 2 hours karate training, and a shared
bottle of wine.....he brought one ) He said they have an on-site
electrician where he works, and the electricians BOSS works Tuesdays. So he
packed my lamp up, and he's taking to to work with him. My student is a
heavy duty truck mechanic. Why there would be an electrician on his job
site is anybody's guess but hey, I'm getting desperate! lol If my lamp
comes back with a MAC bulldog welded to the front of it, I'll know why. )

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

--
Heirlooms In Stitching

AD, sort of - Tink Tinkster Beads 9 December 14th 04 04:59 AM
sort of a newbie with a question Jean Early Yarn 27 May 19th 04 11:42 PM
Ad sort of: Info about hubby's polymer beads Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 2 September 23rd 03 05:16 PM
Ad sort of: Info about hubby's polymer beads Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Marketplace 2 September 23rd 03 05:16 PM
Sort of OT, ad kinda - update on website, including Bead Notes Kandice Seeber Beads 25 July 17th 03 01:09 AM