Can someone help me find the right yarn?

Old August 21st 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Can someone help me find the right yarn?

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message

However, my son now wears the wool socks in the winter. Those things have

life of their own... they have to be at least thirty years old now and

still
in perfect condition. )

*hugs*
Gemini

There's some wool I can't wear because it's scratchy. However, for me -
I've
found most wool/nylon superwash sock yarns to be great. I love my wool
socks. Like you Gem, you'll rarely see socks on my feet in the summer, but
now that it's starting to cool down, I'll start wearing them again. Since I
started knitting socks for myself, I don't buy them at the store anymore.

Shelagh

Old August 21st 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
The best Summer threads is now Bamboo , but not for socks ,,,
Ps a bit of wool in socks is good for the feet and does NOT make them
sweat more ,,,,, Best anti sweat thing is Good washing with anti
septic soap ,,,

Well, this is for a hat to go under a bicycle helmet, so is it also good
for the head? LOL

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old August 21st 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Jan wrote:
Look for Patons Grace. I recently bought a ball of it in azure (medium blue)
at Michaels where the regular price was $3.99 for 50 grams. It's 100%
cotton and has a suggested gauge of 6 sts/inch.

Hmm. I didn't see that in either Michael's or Joann's yesterday, and I
pawed one skein of every different yarn they had there.

Old August 21st 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hmmm, I must have missed them. Thanks!

JCT wrote:
You might look at Elann as they have a couple of kinds of cotton yarn
at reasonable prices. Go to www.elann.com and then look their own
brand yarns. You can also go to their product page and click on yarn
and then sort by fiber to get all of the cottons they have. I noticed
a cotton sport weight yarn called Lara that had three blues. They
sell discounted yarn -- usually a good bargain.
I am not connected with them but have used them a good bit as they are
very reliable and have good prices.

Old August 21st 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

That explains a lot. I suspect that any children he would have had
would probably have followed his wishes better, having been raised with
them.

YarnWright wrote:

I had to jump in here with one huge correction!
I AGREE that Sam Walton would be spinning in his grave, however, he had NO
CHILDREN, his HEIRS are nieces, nephews and cousins once removed.

Old August 21st 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Might be ,,,, i think the Bamboo is great , it breathes and is soft
,,,and absorbs humidity ,, but i haven`t worn it on head under
something ,, make a sample and try !!!!
mirjam

Old August 24th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Thanks, was Can someone help me find the right yarn?

Well, hopefully you guys won't be mad at me.

We drove all the way to the other end of town, my 15YODS who I need the
yarn to make a helmet liner for and I, so he could get driving practice
in, and at the store on the other end of town (Beverly's), they had a
much nicer and better supply of yarn (now I am going to have to go over
there every time I want to look at yarn), and we ended up getting
charcoal gray (It looks like a light charcoal gray to me, which was not
what came across on my monitor) Cotton-Ease yarn to make his helmet
liner with. I am hoping one skein will make two.

I did my gauge swatching while waiting at the vet's today, and after
about 4 false starts on knitting in the round, I now have about 2 inches
of hat done.

The other two stores (TSWLTH and Michael's) didn't have much of the
Cotton-Ease in at all or else not where I could find it.

Anyway, we are both pleased that we could find an acceptable color that
we could look at before purchasing.

One day I am going to get over to one of the yarn stores in my general
community, but with the parking problems and/or distance and/or
location, that may be a while.

Thanks bunches for your help and support.

Old August 24th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I'm sorry; I don't understand what you mean here. This was only my
second time trying knitting in the round, and I messed up and lost
stitches and had to re-cast them on a couple of times before I got it right.

Old August 24th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

suzee wrote:

She means did you start from the top of the hat (the middle) or the
bottom (the edges).

Oh. I am starting at the brim of the hat, knitting a tube, and tying it
up when I am done. It's not a particularly tight stitch, so that will do.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.

Vintage Knitting Book - How to find proper yarn MP Yarn 4 August 22nd 07 07:44 PM
Wicked Excited to Find a *Yarn* Newsgroup! Abigail Palmer Yarn 10 January 21st 07 10:46 AM
Yarn find BonnieBlue Yarn 2 December 18th 05 02:31 PM
F/A: Yarn Blowout! 5 skiens winter white sport yarn! N S Marketplace 0 May 19th 04 03:19 AM
AD: Find the items you cant find + more brett Rubberstamps 0 February 24th 04 01:12 PM