Braiding

Old August 8th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Braiding

Dora it is night and my dreams are waithing for me to put them on,,,,,
thus in the morning i will see which books etci would recomend , also
called all book loaners and asked that the kids / books should
returned home !!!!
mirjam
ps braids are easier with odd numbers of threads ,,,

Wow, that's amazing. Right now I am just doing simple 8 strands
myself. I really enjoy doing it tho.
I have been checking out some other peoples work on the internet and
some of it is so impressive. I love the ones done in silk (I want to
use my angora ONLY because I have tons of it because of my bunnies but
I know it wont give me that fine detail that silk does. Still it
should be pretty enough for me and my daughter.)

Do you have any books that you would recommend for a beginner at this?

Thanks again,
Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Old August 9th 07, 08:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Yep Els taught me too....and now I've used all sorts of yarns, my multi
coloured hand spun made brill braids... made lots of things, from keyrings
to bag straps, dog leashes you can use harder yarns or other mediums and
make table mats...maybe Els will see this post and come in, or email this
lady directly.

I had a stool here just being used to hold a plant pot, it now has a hole in
the centre so if I need it I have one that has a multiple use...lol

it is fun.....higz Cher

"Katherine" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 7, 9:09 am, Bricore wrote:
Hello everyone,
I just found myself a new little hobby. It's not new to others I
know but to me, it was. It's called Kumihimo braiding. I really enjoy
doing it. Yes, I know... I don't need yet another hobby but I swear
fiber hobbies are all so addicting. I just love it.
Do any of you do Kumihimo braiding? I was just wondering how big
this really is.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if others on here did this.

I posted about it on my blog so if anyone is intersted in seeing what
I am talking about your more then welcome to check it out
herehttp://bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/2007_08_06_archive.html

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

I love it! I don't do it often, but I learned right here on this
group.
Els from British Columbia taught me, and it is great fun. I am not
nearly as good as others, but I enjoy it anyhow. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 9th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Aug 7, 1:47 pm, Bricore wrote:
On Aug 7, 11:15

I love it! I don't do it often, but I learned right here on this
group.
Els from British Columbia taught me, and it is great fun. I am not
nearly as good as others, but I enjoy it anyhow. g

Higs,
Katherine- Hide quoted text -

Katherine,
This is great that more then one person does this too. I so want to
learn more on how to do more with it.
I was thinking about making up reins for my horses. Then I also
wanted to make long braids just like you do when you are making a
braided rug and sew them together.. So, much I want to try!

Now THAT is ambitious! I hope you succeed.

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 24th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Hi Dora,

Els also taught me a while back, although I had forgotten about it until
your post. I mainly crochet as a craft, although I have several creative
"outlets" - my main one for the past 3 months has been writing plug-ins for
an audio editor.

Have fun!

David

--