Still here...

Old September 24th 05, 05:40 AM
Karen in MN

Projects In Grocery Sacks. The yarn, the needles and pattern are all
together and ready to start -- but it's not really an UFO because it was
never started and it's not on the needles, so it's not a WIP. But I have
plans for it.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi Karen: Congrats on the new job, hope everything works out well
for you.
Could you please tell me what PIGS means? I know what WIPS and FOs
are, but don't recall hearing about pigs. Thanks!
Marie and the cats

Karen in MN wrote:
Same situation, except I don't always get to read them as much as I

want,
sometimes by the time I get on here, there are SO many posts, I can't

get
through them all! New job after several years of mostly unemployment

due
to downsizing is keeping me busy.

Carol, I'm sorry about your DS and his accident! I can vouch for the
Saturns though, I'm on my third Saturn now and wouldn't have anything

else.
My accident last year was in my Saturn sedan (slammed into very hard by

an
SUV while stopped at a light and pushed into another SUV), and while I

ended
up with a cracked vertebrae in my back, I did not have any other

injuries
(not even a visible bruise) and did not require any medical treatment

beyond
the Xrays and ibuprofen.

Not doing anywhere near as much knitting as I'd like to, but somehow I

have
still been able to shop a couple times when there is a sale. Too

many
WIPS and PIGS, and not enough FOs. One of these days I'll get settled

back
into a routine again.

Karen in MN

"Carol in TN" wrote in message
I must admit that I am in the same situation as Sarah. I read the

messages
everyday but have not posted.
I have moved just a month ago and am still putting things away (and

then
sometimes moving them around). Still cleaning and replacing some

things
because I seem to be nutty about living in someone else's dirt.
The day that I sold the old house and bought the new house, my DS

totaled
my
car. He got out without a scratch so I could be a spokesperson for

Saturn
vehicles if asked.
Just lots going on but I would miss y'all if I could not read your

messages.
Keep posting and keep me giggling.
Carol in Nashville, TN

"Sarah Carter" wrote in message
Just thought I'd say hello as I haven't really posted in ages.

Self employment is keeping me _very_ busy. Far too much to do, but I
managed
to catch up with most of the newsgroup posts yesterday, so in theory

I'm
up
to date!

Admittedly, I still haven't unpacked all of the boxes from when we

moved
house last November, so I should be doing that, but the lure of the
newsgroup brought me here again )

Sarah
--
http://www.pookledo.com

Old September 24th 05, 09:47 AM
Sarah Carter

David Sky wrote in message

I really liked your website, it is very simple, straight forward, no
ambiguous links, nice!

Thankyou. It took a while to get it just the way I wanted it, so I'm glad
you like it too )

I have a question - what does 'pookledo' mean?

Not much really. Although I'm tempted to say it means the sign of good
quality, handcrafted merchandise, but I guess that would be far too cheeky
*lol*

Welcome back, although I didn't know you from when I was here a couple
years ago or so, I too had an extended away time.

Nice to see you back!

Sarah
--
http://www.pookledo.com

Old September 24th 05, 09:51 AM
Sarah Carter

Aud wrote in message

Hi Sarah! It is so good to see you!
What a nice website you have made!
I love to se the things you sell, they are so pretty!
I love the sea weeds!!
and I think it is smart to let the pictures
of the sold things remain at the side!

Thankyou so much. I appreciate it. It's taken me a while to get things
sorted. I'm working on a few new designs at the moment, but I've still got a
few more things to take pictures of in the mean time.

... and your boxes will not disappear!

I'm trying my best. I've still got things missing that I need to use.
Despite having a huge roll of velrco somewhere, I had to buy a couple of
metres of it the other day. I gave it 3 days of unpacking and decluttering,
but I needed to get on with some work.

I've only got boxes in 3 rooms now. Some hiding under the dining table, a
few in the attic which we use as our computer room, and a wardrobe full in
my sewing room.

I've managed to unearth 3 boxes of UFOs so far so I guess I have to work my
way through those at some point soon! *lol*

Sarah
--
http://www.pookledo.com

Old September 24th 05, 09:54 AM
Sarah Carter

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote in message

Sarah and Carol, so you both still suffer from "Boxinatis ",,,, i
know the feeling , have had it many time after each ,ove ,,, Best
remedy ,,, UNPACKING ,, as much as possible ,,,, put on a mice radio
program and while listening DO IT

I'm trying to get as much as possible done as I can a day now we are settled
in nicely.

I think the main problem was that we had to pack so quickly that everything
got mixed up. I'm decluttering as I unpack and sorting things into other
boxes so items end up in which room they are supposed to go! I have so much
junk!

I've learnt that if I get Stu to empty the bin after I've decluttered, I
don't reclaim any of the things that I've already discarded. *lol*

Sarah
--
http://www.pookledo.com

Old September 24th 05, 09:55 AM
Sarah Carter

Katherine wrote in message
Sarah Carter wrote:

the lure of
the newsgroup brought me here again )

LOL We are hard to resist, aren't we? g

Very!

Sarah
--
http://www.pookledo.com

Old September 24th 05, 04:01 PM
David Sky

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, Sarah Carter wrote:

I have a question - what does 'pookledo' mean?

Not much really. Although I'm tempted to say it means the sign of good
quality, handcrafted merchandise, but I guess that would be far too cheeky
*lol*

*grin* Okay, how did you come up with that name, does it mean something in
the UK or somewhere else?

David

Old September 24th 05, 06:18 PM
Penny Gaines

"Karen in MN" ask.me.for.my.email.address wrote:

Projects In Grocery Sacks.******The*yarn,*the*needles*and*pattern*ar e
all together and ready to start -- but it's not really an UFO because it
was never started and it's not on the needles, so it's not a WIP.**But*I
have plans for it.

I haven't got any of those - mainly because the yarn will be in a different
place to the pattern, and the needles are probably still in use in another
project.

--
Penny Gaines

WIP: waistcoat for dh, crotchet blanket, spotted fake fur cushion cover,
6x6
After that... jumper for ds, cushion for dd,
And then ... throw for sitting room, jumper for me

Old September 24th 05, 10:23 PM
Katherine

P rojects
I n
G rocery
S acks.

HTH
Katherine

Old September 24th 05, 10:36 PM
David Sky

I've seen these words or abbreviations several times, what do they mean? -

wips, pigs, fos, ufos(?)

I take it dh is dear hubby, ds dear son, etc.?

any others I should know about?

Thanks,

David

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, Katherine wrote:

P rojects
I n
G rocery
S acks.

HTH
Katherine

Old September 25th 05, 04:10 AM
Katherine

David Sky wrote:
I've seen these words or abbreviations several times, what do they
mean? -

wips, pigs, fos, ufos(?)

I take it dh is dear hubby, ds dear son, etc.?

any others I should know about?

W ork
I n
P rogress