Your Sunday morning coffee

Old November 7th 04, 09:07 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to see that everyone had a great day. We did too, went for brunch then
a little shopping as it's very warm here. 20C or 70F, but the cold and snow
flurries will be arriving later tonight.

Hugs,

Nora in upstate NY
Old November 7th 04, 10:26 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Ophelia"
wrote:

Good morning from rainy Scotland

I have been asked to make a scarf for a friend. Perhaps that will get me
going again)

Ophelia

Ophelia what colours are you going to use....

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old November 7th 04, 10:28 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Sarah Carter"
wrote:

NoraBalcer wrote in message
Good morning everyone,

Yes, I know it's not morning yet for most of us, but did want to get my

wishes
for a lovely day here for a change. It's usually late on Sunday afternoon
before I get online, but I'm on late this evening so thought I would wish

you
all a wonderful Sunday.

No coffee for me today. I've just had my breakfast and it's mid-morning. I
printed out a knitting pattern yesterday for an idea that's whizzing around
my head, but boxes have to be packed soon.

This is the last weekend that Stu and I have together before he has to stay
at his Mums house for his new job. I'm left here all alone to see that the
house is still standing for the move whenever that may be. Maybe the 16th,
but the date keeps changing so often!)

Sarah

Hello Sarah, that must be a busy time for you, and also hard to follow
through on knitting plans. Keep on working away at it when you have time.

Good luck with your move

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old November 7th 04, 10:29 PM
Els van Dam

In article , mejane
wrote:

Looks like a grey, damp day here in Toronto, Canada. They
are forecasting showers for the day and flurries, that is,
snow flurries for this evening. Burrr.

I have to go out and help someone get rid of popups on their
computer and they are taking me to breakfast first, so that
will be nice, except I would just as soon not have to go out
at all. Oh, well, I have time for a coffee first so can
relax for a few minutes.

Hope everyone has a great day and gets time for as much
knitting as they want.

I have to agree with people, the varigated nylon eyelash is
extremely addictive. I have made a couple of skinny scarves
now with about six inches of the eyelash on either end, one
with a wonderful orangey coloured nylon and the scarf was a
rayon varigated boucle with deep orange, magenta and purple
in it that someone gave me. Love it.

Jane in Toronto.

Hello Jane, did you go out for breafast, and where did you go, I bet that
once you where out, it was a nice treat

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old November 7th 04, 10:36 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Thanks, Nora. I have been here for a while now, sipping my latté. Liam is
sleeping, and Kandace is watching a video. Actually, I think that she is
sleeping, too, so I am enjoying the peace and quiet.
I managed to knit a pait of socks while I was away, and started a third. The
ones I finished are a bit too small for Kandace, so I am doing a pair which
should fit. I hope to finish them tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Hugs,
Katherine.

Katherine, wow, and wow and wow. you must be a constand and very fast
champion knitter.....show off......LOL. I just bought some sock wool to
knit a new pair for Otto, and when I cast on a realized that this sock
yarn is much thinner than the yarn I usually buy. (bought by colour this
time and not by brand name) To my horror, it takes nearly a whole evening
to finish one row....OK OK nearly a whole evening. I have packed the
whole thing in an envelope and I am going to mail it out to a friend in
Holland who just like you looks at the knitting needles and the darn socks
knit themselves.....Tell Kandace that there is a story here
somewhere.....LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old November 7th 04, 10:37 PM
Liz M

Hi all,

Had a quiet day, recovering from a 'tummy bug'! It is damp and drizzly here
but not very cold - typical English Winter! I did housework and ironing and
then got to work on a top down sweater I am making. The yarn is Patons
Brocade, which is probably very old, I bought it at a charity shop. It was
designated double knit but worked up very dense and tight on the recommended
needles, so I swatched it on 5mm needles and it looked much better. I don't
think the yarn is made any more, which is a shame - it looks like mohair
variegated with some sections that look more like a fine chenille. It is
synthetic. I'll post a photo when I finish. The pattern is very simple, but
the yarn is good for plain knitting.

I also worked on the Shedir hat from the Knitty Autumn. It's nearly finished
and I may finish before bed time. This hat has been a challenge! I think I
will do it again though, I love the pattern.

Wishing everyone a good week

Best wishes from

Liz

Old November 7th 04, 10:40 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

You are working today, Trish?
I'm glad to hear that your DH cooks SUnday breakfast. I wish I could get
Keith to do it! g

Katherine

Katherine, here I am ahead a little, Otto now a days cooks the
breakfasts....he thinks that he is better at making porridge than I am.
I got him by the‡‡, and told him that I did agree whole heartly. So he
now makes a great breakfasts and on Sunday morning a soft boiled egg as
well.

Lucky me, here is a husband that is strickt in the devision of labour in
his marriage.....(grinning)

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old November 7th 04, 11:30 PM
Trish

Sounds like your day was very exciting Aud. It' now 7:30pm here & dd's &
their familys have just left after supper for Maggie's 22nd birthday. From
her Beau, she recieved a cluster diamond of 24 diamonds! He's calling it a
promise ring! I can't wait to see the real one!!(LOL)

All in all it was a great day:)

Hope everyone elses was great too:)

--
Trish
http://community.webshots.com/user/trishirvine
"Aud" wrote in message
Trish ( and all you others) it's 4.25 in the afternoon HERE, it seems to
me that YOU have morning just now.
It's getting darker. The storm they "promised" us didn't come :-))
It has been finale in the Norwegian Football(soccer) cup today,
And I think I am NOT the one who has wathed it on TV!
Very exiting start! 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1 during the first 12(!!!!) minutes!
Not much later: 4-1.
And then the "balloon bursted" No more exitements.
But the winning team and their supporters had a fantastic day!
This cup finale is a very special day in Norwegian football.
http://www.bt.no/foto/bildeserier/ar...8&imageIndex=2
AUD ;-))

"Trish" skrev i melding
Good morning to you all as well:)

I've just finished a wonderful breakfast of sausages & eggs, fruit &
toast, compliments of hubby(he usually cooks breakfast on Sundays):)

Now I'm popping in before I leave for work. It's trying to be sunny
outside, but it is quite cold just the same, oh well, what can you expect
for this time of year?:)

I crocheted a poncho for DD#1 yesterday. Not sure if it will fit her or
not, but hey, I'll wear it if it doesn't!VEG

Well Hope everyone has a great day:)

Old November 7th 04, 11:35 PM
Trish

Yeah, I worked today. It was actually quite busy, but I still managed to
crochet a ball of Devine into a scarf for DD #2's new jacket:)

DD has cooked Sunday breakfast for most of our married life. It's always
been my day:)