Thank You Mystery Knitter, and yes, i'm still alive

Old April 22nd 04, 01:24 AM
norma woods

Allaya, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. Prayers going your way, and I
hope you find the solution soon.

--
Star love,
Norma

Old April 22nd 04, 02:21 AM
Allaya Diep

Really? Onion tea? Shoot, I'll try anything at this point. I eliminated
milk, soy and everything else you could think of for a month...I was reduced
to eating only oatmeal, and got terribly sick because I wasn't getting any
good nutrition. At any rate, the eliminations did no good...it's definitely
a problem with DD producing too much acid.

So how does one make onion tea? Can I just eat onion soup? I like onion
soup! lol

Allaya

"Chris Bailey" wrote in message
Have you tried onion tea? It's not a cure but my mom and her fam swore by
it when my bro and I were growing up(one of us was extremely
colicky/bitchy).
Chris
"Allaya Diep" wrote in message
Hello!

Word has it that the Mystery Knitter has sent me a package. THank you
mystery knitter! You're so very sweet. Maybe one day when Laine

loses
her aversion to anybody knitting in the house, I will send you something
too!

I'm still alive here, everybody...sorry, but Lammy has been having some
serious stomach problems, and I've been trying my hardest to take care

of
her while her doctors bicker about. I'm so sad that such a young baby

has
to endure so much pain, but I'm out of ideas. It's so very tiring!

I decided to start taking her to my acupuncturist (they do acupressure

on
babies), and there has been some significant improvement, but not enough

for
her to enjoy being a baby, if you know what I mean.

Meanwhile, I'm working on the SAME sweater that should have been done

like
year ago! LOL I'm lucky to get about two rows done at a time before

DD's
stomach starts acting up. Poor thing.

Anyway, you all are in my thoughts, and I tell Lammy about where her
blankets and sweaters come from all the time. I'm not sure if she
understands, but she sure likes all the soft things and mommy talking to
her.

I'll see you all soon!

Allaya

Old April 22nd 04, 02:22 AM
Allaya Diep

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! I'm sure she'll get better
soon because of it...and maybe she'll even let me get online more and knit
her pretty things!

Allaya
. ..

Old April 22nd 04, 01:45 PM
Chris Bailey

It's not really a recipe but you take an onion, peeled and cut in half, boil
it in water till the onion is soft. Add sugar, stir well, strain, cool and
serve in the little ones bottle. Since I take it you're breastfeeding, I
assume you could adjust the sugar to taste(that's all it's there for), and
enjoy!

Old April 23rd 04, 04:37 AM
Els van Dam

In article ,
"Chris Bailey" wrote:

It's not really a recipe but you take an onion, peeled and cut in half, boil
it in water till the onion is soft. Add sugar, stir well, strain, cool and
serve in the little ones bottle. Since I take it you're breastfeeding, I
assume you could adjust the sugar to taste(that's all it's there for), and
enjoy!

Chris

It may be wise to be prudent with the unions while breast feeding, that is
one of the things that will give our little grand baby colick. The public
Health nurse named unions as one of the first things to eliminate from
your diet when breast feeding and having a colicky baby. The same nurse
also mentioned reflux happens in babies as well. she told Michelle that
if that was the problem it would disappear give it time.

Hope you get the problem licked soon

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old April 23rd 04, 12:01 PM
Chris Bailey

No offense, but the backwater country folk use onion tea as a remedy for
colic. It eases the stomach and helps the child relax. My mom got the
recipe from her relatives and most of them did not have a doctor around that
they could get to for every little thing. I know at least 5 generations of
my family have used it on their children and none have problems.
Chris

Old April 23rd 04, 03:08 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Rannee i tottaly agree with you ,
All the countries were people eat onions and gralic and other herb we
keep doing it when feeding , on the contrary it makes one want to
drink more fluids , it is a DisInfactant herb ,,
In most Herbal books it appears as Anti-Spasmodic antiseptic,
as such it helps to end putrefactive and fermentation processes in the
gastrointestinal tract ..... and a healthier mother is better for baby
mirjam

In article ,
(Els van Dam) wrote:

It may be wise to be prudent with the unions while breast feeding, that is
one of the things that will give our little grand baby colick. The public
Health nurse named unions as one of the first things to eliminate from
your diet when breast feeding and having a colicky baby. The same nurse
also mentioned reflux happens in babies as well. she told Michelle that
if that was the problem it would disappear give it time.

With all due respect, this is one of those old wives tales. Onions
may cause problems, but so may anything else. It is usually better to
keep eating as normal unless you find that there is something that
causes a problem. I ate hot peppers, onions, garlic, cabbage,
everything you can think of while nursing all the boys (and now Amira)
and the only thing to ever cause any trouble for any of them was turkey
with Alexander for about 3 months. After 3 months, it didn't bother him
any more. I figured something about his system needed to mature.

I don't think that women in India, China or wherever simply stop
eating their national dishes because they are worried that onions or
whatever will harm their nursing babies.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24

Old April 23rd 04, 03:20 PM
enigma

Ranee Mueller wrote in
:

In article
,
(Els van Dam) wrote:

[...]

correct. with Boo, his colicky fuss was from my drinking
milk, but he also outgrew it at around 3 months.

I don't think that women in India, China or wherever
simply stop
eating their national dishes because they are worried that
onions or whatever will harm their nursing babies.

actually, i've seen studies that indicate that babies
normally get thier introduction to local cuisine flavors
through breastmilk. IOW, a toddler from India is already 'used
to' the flavors of curries, etc because hir breastmilk already
contained those flavors, while a toddler from Iowa may very
well reject Indian food because they aren't used to the
flavor. i used this to explain why my 10 month old was
sloshing green Tobasco on everything...
lee
Old April 23rd 04, 05:03 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

OJJJ So how come my son loves Ketchup and i never touch it ????

Ranee Mueller wrote in
:

In article
,