AD: Bead auctions ending tonight & my weekend

Old September 18th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Paulette Insall

Default AD: Bead auctions ending tonight & my weekend

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I had a pretty good one.
Got a number of things done around the house and got to go to a wonderful
art festival for a few hours yesterday and chat with some artists whose work
I've admired for a while now. I must make myself go to things like that more
often! I don't do it enough! I'm actually very shy around people I don't
know, so just striking up a conversation with a complete stranger is totally
not normal for me. So I forced myself out of my comfort zone yesterday and
I'm so glad I did! One of the artists wants to use some of my PMC charms in
her assemblage pieces and will give me credit on the back of the
artwork!!!!! WOW!!! And she lives in the same town I do...only a few miles
away...so she's going to give me a call when she's ready for some. She also
wants one of my PMC charm bracelets. Woo hoo! If your curious about her
work, here's her website. I just LOVE her work and she's such a sweetie!!!
http://www.lisakaus.com

Well I have two auctions ending tonight. Right now, neither of them have
bids so it's your chance to get a really good deal on these cool new pieces.

Call to my Heart

Falling Rain

And here's a link to all my auctions in case you'd like to see all the beads
up for auction this week.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZflutterbearies

Hugs to all!
Paulette
--
SPIglass Studio ~ handmade art glass beads & jewelry
http://www.spiglass-studio.com ------------still some beads available

My blog - http://www.spiglass-studio.com/myblog/myblog.html

Ebay auctions - ID flutterbearies
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZflutterbearies

My Etsy shop
http://spiglass.etsy.com

Old September 19th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Paulette Insall wrote:
[...]

I love collage! Her work is really awesome. I'm having a hard time
navigating her site, though... maybe 'cause I'm high, LOL!

Well I have two auctions ending tonight. Right now, neither of them have
bids so it's your chance to get a really good deal on these cool new pieces.

Call to my Heart

Falling Rain

I'm stunned that neither of those sold! They're beauties! Will you be
re-listing them, or do you think it's a sign that they should go to the
show with you this fall?

Old September 19th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Paulette Insall

Hey girl! It's probably is a combination of your being high and her site
being a bit tricky to navigate...although maybe a little more on the being
high side.

Thanks so much hon! I think they're pretty sweet too and I'm really
flabbergasted that they didn't sell...neither of the two ending tonight have
bids at the moment either. Nope I won't be relisting them, so they will most
likely be going to the bead show with me unless someone buys them off of me
at the art show (or wants to trade me for some of their fabulous original
art) I'm going to be checking out in a few weeks.

I actually was kind of using eBay as a gauge to whether or not it was
worthwhile to use eBay anymore for my beads. I'm thinking that from now on,
I'll just be putting them up on the website at full retail. It will leave me
much more time to pursue some other areas I have interest in like collage,
illustration, and mixed media art and I can use all that money I was wasting
on eBay listing fees on more art supplies instead.

Hope you feel better soon hon! Once you do, we have to get together for
dinner okay?

Hugs,
Paulette

Old September 20th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Paulette Insall wrote:
[...]

I hear you about eBay... it takes so much time and energy, and once you
get off eBay it's hard to make yourself go back on! Also, I've noticed
that unless you kind of have to put the same styles up over and over
again before the new ones start selling, and who has the attention-span
for that?

I love that you're pursuing other media, and I'm having flashes of envy!
I think that's my next step after I heal up, with the house squared
away. I really want to reduce expenses and free up time to experiment
and play... silversmithing, photography, and oil painting are all things
that have called me but which I've never been able to explore.

My goal for the next year is to simplify my life as much as I can! And
having dinner with you is totally on my list of "fun things to do"!
Old September 20th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

OMTP -- I'm with Kalera. I LOVE the new direction your beads are
taking -- the off-mandrel stuff is STUNNING in the KLUNK!
category. Why they didn't sell is wayyyy beyond me. SHEEZ.

```````````````````````````````````````````

Old October 1st 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Default Bead auctions ending tonight & my weekend

Great beads Paulette, unfortunately I didn't get to this post until 9/30/06!
So I missed out on them. One suggestion, if you're going to list at eBay or
anywhere else at auction, give us more notice than "ending tonight"!

Have you tried JustBeads.com? It's a smaller venue, lampwork beads do really
well and you can relist for free.

HTH, Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Join our Yahoo Group:

Old October 1st 06, 07:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Paulette Insall

Hi Karleen. Thanks so much for compliment and the suggestions. I actually
did post about these auctions here four days before they ended and then
again the day that they were going to end. Maybe things were all messed up
on Google for everyone trying to access newsgroups at the time. Who knows?
And I have tried JustBeads on occasion, but I haven't stuck with it. Didn't
have much luck there. I have never seen many people do well there with
higher end focals. I've just gotten kind of disheartened with the whole
auction format thing.

Thanks again!

--
http://www.spiglass-studio.com ------------------------------Beads