OT - Apples

Old November 7th 05, 07:13 PM
MRH

Default OT - Apples

I just got this in my email, from RealAge Tip of the Day (a health
website)....

Finish up those autumn apples. They're good for your brain. Apples are high
in quercetin, a compound with antioxidant properties that may decrease the
risk of neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer's by protecting brain
cell membranes.

Pretty neat to know, huh? I LOVE apples.... especially Royal Gala... so
nice and crisp!

Gemini

Old November 7th 05, 09:16 PM

Hi Gem,

Did you that their how old are you test? I'm five months older then I
really am and here I was hoping I'd be younger. LOL

Yes, I love apples too, one a day keeps the doctor away.

Hugs,

Nora

Old November 8th 05, 12:33 AM
MRH

Oh I know.... even though I think young, and act young.... because of my
stupid health issues, and excess weight, the say I'm a few months older than
I really am too. They don't know what they're talking about... I'm only
20!!!! {{Pretty neat trick, considering that my son is 24. It's a
miracle... he passed me in age! LOL}}

Gem

oups.com...

Old November 8th 05, 01:12 AM
Janise

You know, Gem, my father is 24. That is amazing, considering my youngest
child is 19. LOL

Janise

Old November 8th 05, 06:25 AM
spinninglilac

Pity you didn't post this ten years ago Gem, before I went nuts....lol

Cheers....Cher
But thx for the info.....

Old November 8th 05, 08:10 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Gemini , this reminds me of the old saying " an apple a day keeps the doctor
away" I like apples too - my favourites for eating are Delicious and for
cooking there is nothing like the Granny Smith. Incidently the lady who
propagated the Granny Smith variety lived on the banks of the lane Cove
river in Sydney and her old home is still preserved there. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old November 8th 05, 08:12 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Nora as my friend ( the same age as me) said, she is not 77 she is only 50
with 27 years of experience to add God bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old November 8th 05, 06:02 PM
The Jonathan Lady

Gwen, you must get better Delicious apples there than we do because the ones
we get are too sweet and mushy for me. Most of the apples I eat are
Minnesota grown and bought at the St. Paul Farmer's Market from late summer
through late fall. There are many varieties available with the Jonathan
being my absolute favorite. I now have a 3 to 4 month supply of them in my
refrigerator. I have become such a regular customer of the orchard who
always brings them to the market that they always greet me with a "Hey,
there's the Jonathan lady."

--
Jan in MN

u...

Old November 8th 05, 07:15 PM
MRH

LOL I like that, Gwen!

Gemini

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Gem,

Did you that their how old are you test? I'm five months older then I
really am and here I was hoping I'd be younger. LOL

Yes, I love apples too, one a day keeps the doctor away.

Hugs,

Nora

OT Women Are Like Apples OT Linda2 Beads 5 May 1st 04 11:59 PM
Granny Smith Apples Suzanne Needlework 4 April 20th 04 04:42 AM
NJ - Love Apple's Quilt Show Details MelissaInNJ Quilting 0 January 26th 04 04:14 PM