Addiction to Knitting and Yarn ~ who, US???

Old May 25th 04, 12:47 PM
Sarah Carter

This is scary!

YOU KNOW YOU ARE ADDICTED TO KNITTING AND YARN IF . . . . .

You have a room in your house devoted just to knitting.

I've got a workroom, plus I invade the living room and dining room with
my yarm and sewing machines regularly.

You buy yarn just because it's pretty, even if you don't know what

you'll
do with it.

What Can I say, it asks me to buy it.

You have been to at least one trade show (convention) or knitting

camp.

They are lethal to the bank balance.

You have traveled across state lines to increase your stash.

Not state lines, but another country. I went to FInalnd and the only
thing I bought was some regia wool. I'm going this time with the
intention of buying a knitting pattern for mittens.

You have spent over $100 on knitting (yarn/patterns/books) in one

day.

Done.

You have spent over $400 at a knitting trade show (convention/camp)

market
in one day.

If you include the material I bought that day, I've done this too.

You have lied to hide the fact that you have bought more yarn.

Not lied exactly, just hidden it and introduced it to the house
gradually.

You try to beat your husband (or significant other) to the mailbox

(so you
get to the yarn deliveries first).

Yes! I get really excited when my ebay purchases arrive.

Most of your friends are knitters.

Yes! I found another friend was addicted to knitting the other day and
we chatted for ages about the local places that we buy wool whilst in
the pub!

You stay up at night to knit, even if it means you only get a few

hours of
sleep.

Stu's away on business and I fell asleep on the sofa in front of the
television last night with my knitting on my knee.

You find it hard to sleep because of your UFOs (unfinished objects)

or new
ideas whirling around in your brain.

There are so many UFOs. Too many. I'm trying to reduce then, but they
seem to increase when I'm not looking.

You get up in the middle of the night to work on projects.

5am at the moment.

You get up in the middle of the night to read online knit list

messages.

See above )

You have more than two knitting totes.

three

You have some kind of knitting accessory(ies) in every room in the

house.

I even have a knitting needles in the kitchen and cellar. I buy them in
job lots at car boot sales and the odd one gets used for other jobs like
being a skewer to test cakes, keeping the hole open in a tube of filler,
and as a stake to keep small plants upright.

You are the only one in your family who knows what a yarn bra is.

*s******* yes.

You knit and read at the same time. If you are unable to do this

because
of a complex pattern, you will forego the reading.

Yes. I put music on instead.

You joined a knitting Web ring and keep a knitting blog.

Not the webring, but yes to the blog. )

I think I may have a problem!

Sarah

yarn twisting while knitting H Schinske Yarn 13 February 29th 04 04:56 AM
Using Homespun question Denise Yarn 8 January 8th 04 03:09 PM
Less that 12 Hours left! Lot of yarn and Knitting needles! madhatress Marketplace 0 September 17th 03 01:47 PM
Less that 12 Hours left! Lot of yarn and Knitting needles! madhatress Marketplace 0 September 17th 03 01:47 PM
Substituting knitting yarn for tapestry KarenWorthin Needlework 5 July 29th 03 10:50 PM