Question about Birthdays, RCTY Site Update

Old November 29th 03, 04:01 PM
Angelicsong

Default Question about Birthdays, RCTY Site Update

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on the Birthday page for the RCTY site and have asked Nora if
she'd like to do the posting of group birthdays there. She has said she
would be willing but wants to make sure that anyone on the group that
doesn't want their birthday listed to please let me know.

Gee's can you tell I've been up all night working on this!!??? Yawn... I
hope that made sense?

So far I have 11 pages up on the site, not fully finished yet but their
coming along fine! This is what will be on the site so far:

- Entrance
- Directory
- Wedding Anniversary
- Gallery (pictures)
- Kitchen (recipes)
- Library (patterns)
- Links (to pattern places and info)
- Living Room (craft tips and tricks)
- Mail Room (email addys)
- Party Room (fun stuff)
- Study (poems, member stories)

I've had the site up on different websites but had problems with some of
them. The most reliable, one that gives us the most space and least hassle
doing FTP and file management is Tripod. Although there are popup ads - a
definate pain in the butt, it seems to be working best. Maybe later I'll
consider taking on the cost for the website so that the ads could be dropped
but that would be down the road a bit. Christmas is coming and I'll need the
money for presents.

Let me know about the Birthday.

Loads of very sleepy hugs,
Melody

Old November 29th 03, 04:56 PM
Mischief

Can you please ensure that my real e-mail address is not on your site.
I don't need the spam.

Thanks
Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Sent using Virtual Access 5.50 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Old November 29th 03, 06:06 PM
Angelicsong

Hi Darlene,

Sure no problem!

Meanwhile if there's anything you've got that you'd like on the site:
recipe, tips and tricks, poem, story, links to sites, patterns etc., just
send them along and I'll put them up for you.

Hugs,
Melody

Old November 29th 03, 07:13 PM
Anna MCM

Angelicsong wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm working on the Birthday page for the RCTY site and have asked Nora if
she'd like to do the posting of group birthdays there. She has said she
would be willing but wants to make sure that anyone on the group that
doesn't want their birthday listed to please let me know.

Please consider me out of this project.

TIA,

Anna Maria

Old November 29th 03, 07:16 PM
Angelicsong

No problem Anna Maria, hope you'll stop by and see the site when it's
finished.

Hugs,
Melody

Old November 29th 03, 07:44 PM
Angelicsong

No problem Aud, hope you'll check out the new site when it goes up.

Hugs,
Melody

"Aud" wrote in message
Please, do not put me on this side.
Ihave explained why ealier,
may be I am a bit too restrictive,
but it is best for me this way!
MELODY, good luck with the project!
Aud ;-)

--

"Angelicsong" skrev i melding
ble.rogers.com...

Old November 29th 03, 09:34 PM
Ophelia

"Anna MCM" wrote in message

Angelicsong wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm working on the Birthday page for the RCTY site and have asked Nora

if
she'd like to do the posting of group birthdays there. She has said she
would be willing but wants to make sure that anyone on the group that
doesn't want their birthday listed to please let me know.

Please consider me out of this project.

............ and me.

thank you

Ophelia

Old November 29th 03, 11:08 PM
J. Koster

Angelicsong wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on the Birthday page for the RCTY site and have asked Nora if
she'd like to do the posting of group birthdays there. She has said she
would be willing but wants to make sure that anyone on the group that
doesn't want their birthday listed to please let me know.

Let me know about the Birthday.

Loads of very sleepy hugs,
Melody

You say you want those who don't want their info posted to let you know.
Might I suggest that NO birthdays (or any other info) get listed on the
site unless the particular person lets you know they WANT it there
(rather than the other way around, as you indicate above). I haven't
been on rcty for a while, and if I hadn't just happened to come across
this post, it looks like my birthdate would have been put up without my
permission or desire to have it done.

Joan

--

****LEGAL NOTICE**** I am a WASHINGTON STATE RESIDENT. I don't like
SPAM (and we're not talking meat products here!). My cats don't like