Granny Smith Apples

Old April 19th 04, 05:26 AM
Suzanne

Default Granny Smith Apples

I'm looking at a chart for a sampler I want to change slightly. It
features a bowl of Red Delicious apples, but I want to make them Granny
Smith. Would someone who's more familiar with the different DMC colors
than I be able to suggest some good colors to use for them?
--
Suze

Cat hair? That's just an embellishment.

Old April 19th 04, 07:15 PM
Caryn

I'm looking at a chart for a sampler I want to change slightly. It
features a bowl of Red Delicious apples, but I want to make them Granny
Smith. Would someone who's more familiar with the different DMC colors
than I be able to suggest some good colors to use for them?
--

Suze,

Having just held a granny smith apple to my DMC color chart, it looks like
704-702 are closest.

HTH,

Caryn

Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old April 19th 04, 10:22 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

DMC 704 is good
907 is good
471 is the best, with 470 being used sparingly for darker areas
772 would be a good highlight with any of the above.

Matched in the sun to a Granny Smith. :-) Your Granny Smith may vary.

Dianne

Old April 19th 04, 11:58 PM
Joan Erickson

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Your Granny Smith may vary.

LOL!

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old April 20th 04, 04:42 AM
Suzanne

On 2004-04-19 16:22:47 -0500, Dianne Lewandowski
said:

DMC 704 is good
907 is good
471 is the best, with 470 being used sparingly for darker areas
772 would be a good highlight with any of the above.

Matched in the sun to a Granny Smith. :-) Your Granny Smith may vary.

Dianne

If I had a Granny Smith on hand I probably could have figured it out,
though I still appreciate help from those with more DMC color
experience than me. :-) Granny Smith are my absolute favorite apples,
since I like mine tart and crisp. But DH and I have just been shopping
hit or miss lately and keep forgetting apples. Thanks for all the
information, everyone.