I signed up for Etsy!

Old October 26th 08, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels[_2_]

Default I signed up for Etsy!

http://vibrantjewels.etsy.com
I haven't uploaded any items as yet, and am not done with the profile, etc.
Does my logo look OK? How about my smiling face? LOL

What kinds of items do you all find sell best here?
- small lots of beads
- large lots of beads
- finished jewelry
- bead combos/kits with or without instruction
- findings
- cabochons and stones

Just can't decide what to list first!

And you list the desired price, right? There's no bidding...

TIA

--
Karleen Cole
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

Old October 28th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
chaddock

The logo looks great. How did you create it?

-m
www.jewelrybychaddock.com

Old October 28th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels[_2_]

I use Microsoft Image Composer. I already had the Vibrant Jewels Part done
and just added a bit to make it long enough for Etsy. The background for the
Vibrant Jewels part is actually a close up of a necklace I made.

--
Etsy shop http://vibrantjewels.etsy.com

Old October 28th 08, 08:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie[_4_]

Logo looks nice and yes you list the desired price you want someone to
pay. It is NOT auction style.

Can't help much on the other questions; I don't sell that kind of thing.
But you can check to see things that have already sold using the time
machine 2 featu
http://www.etsy.com/time_machine2.php

Etsy does not list the price paid though for privacy reasons and in case
a seller wants to raise their prices. But you can get a feel for lot
sizes and such. Keep checking back to the link often to get a good grasp
of what sells.

Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valerie-moore.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com
http://valeriesews.blogspot.com

Old October 30th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
A Beaded Affair

On Oct 26, 1:45*pm, "Vibrant Jewels"
wrote:
[...]

Hi Karleen,
I've been on Etsy since May I think, www.abeadedaffair.etsy.com and
have only sold one piece of jewelry but tons of supplies. Preference
seems to be for smaller quantities in just about anything in the
supplies line with an emphasis on hand made findings. Your banner
looks awesome. Good luck with etsy. If I can answer any questions, let
me know. Happy to try to help.
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com
http://www.abeadedaffair.etsy.com

Old October 31st 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
A Beaded Affair

On Oct 30, 8:31*am, "Vibrant Jewels"
wrote:
I like the way your listings show on Etsy. How did you get it to preview
that way?

--
Karleen Cole
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels web stohttp://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
Etsy shophttp://vibrantjewels.etsy.com
Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:
Ebay Auctions:http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZvibrantjewels

Hi Karleen,
I guess your question was for me. I still get lost in some
conversations on here because of the way Google sends the messages. In
fact, I don't often post because I'm unsure, lol.
Anyway, what is it you are looking at in my shop that you are
referring to? If you can give me more detail I would be happy to help
you set yours up or let you know how to at any rate.
If you are referring to the 3 preview items at the top which might be
your question you go to "your etsy" page and you should see your list
of items for sale. Going across it's In Stock, Listed On, Price and
Featured. If you click on the star it turns green I think and it can
be a Featured Item. You can have 3 at the top of your page I believe.
You can also rank the Featured Items if you want them in a certain
order too.
Hope that helps. Let me know if it was actually a different question.

Old November 2nd 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels[_2_]

Thanks! plus how do you get them to display with the thumbnail and
description? Most of the Etsy shops I've seen just have the thumbnails.