New Bracelet

Old October 3rd 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Default New Bracelet

Anyone doing any beading besides me?

I made this netted bracelet to teach my kids. (They're doing great learning
it.)

Then, I decided to decorate it with a beaded Swarovski rivioli. The kids
were pretty impressed when I brought it back this week!

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/aquajewel1sm.jpg

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 7th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie[_4_]

Nice! And so blue. Reminds me of the ocean and sky.
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valerie-moore.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com
http://valeriesews.blogspot.com

Old October 7th 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Thanks, Val! My DD wants a choker now, done in clear ABs like this!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
news

Old October 7th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kathy N-V[_2_]

On Oct 3, 5:56*pm, "Beadbimbo" wrote:
Anyone doing any beading besides me?

I made this netted bracelet to teach my kids. *(They're doing great learning
it.)

Then, I decided to decorate it with a beaded Swarovski rivioli. *The kids
were pretty impressed when I brought it back this week!

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/aquajewel1sm.jpg

Jerri,

You have always been amazingly talented, and my time away just
reinforces that. What a lovely bracelet! What size Rivoli did you
use, and
what stitches did you use to make that lovely snowflake-like border
around
it?

I've been making spirals: a Russian Spiral in aqua and lilac as a
necklace, and
a Cellini spiral in every shade/size of purple I had kicking around as
a way of
teaching myself how to do it. The Russian Spiral is done and is about
be meshed with bali cones, a chain and some Swaros to make a necklace
that
isn't so heavy it decapitates the wearer. I'm going to try and
channel Becki as I
make the necklace, and maybe a little of her incredible style will rub
off on me.

The Cellini is um, a little strange. I had it sprial too quickly and
it looks more like a
spring than a natural spiral. So, I kept going, adding more rows of
beads to loosen
it up. So it looks like a Slinky that got stepped on and pulled. Not
that it matters;
it will join its friends in the Shoebox of Beading Experiments I go
there
when I need ideas (what was I _trying_ to make when I ended up with
that?),
inspiration (you know, you can take that Herringbone, use gourd stitch
to reduce
the ends, and not have 1/3 of the bracelet "wasted" as clasp and
findings) or
just a laugh (Dogs don't have three heads!)

Kathy N-V

Kathy
Old October 8th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Hi Kathy,

I used a 12mm Rivoli and made a peyote bezel with picots to make the
flower look. (4mm crystal, 3 seed beads, turn around back through the 4mm
crystal)

I haven't learned the Russian Spiral. I'll have to put that on my list!
I do love the Cellini Spiral.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 22nd 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

LOVE IT! The use of the Rivoli is excellent!

I have been trying to find that stitch for YEARS and YEARS!! I have a small
collection of Vintage/Antique Flapper necklaces that uses that exact stitch
and I don't know what to call it in order to search for it online. A few of
my necklaces need repair and Ican't for the life of me figure out what bead
goes where...

Where did you get the stitch instructions???
If it's in a book, I am so there at Amazon to buy it.

--
hugs,
Linda

:
: I made this netted bracelet to teach my kids. (They're doing great
learning
: it.)
:
: Then, I decided to decorate it with a beaded Swarovski rivioli. The kids
: were pretty impressed when I brought it back this week!
:
: http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/aquajewel1sm.jpg
:
: --
: Jerri
: www.beadbimbo.com
:

Old October 25th 08, 11:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

I'm so sorry, Linda. I didn't see this post.

I learned this stitch from the book Netted Beadwork by Diane Fitzgerald.
Actually, I'm not that thrilled with the book, and you can find the
instructions on-line, so I'd look there. The book's ok, and the directions
are good, I just wasn't that impressed with it. I know the directions are
on about.com as well as other places.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

. ..

Old October 25th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels[_2_]

I'm glad to hear you had problems with that book, I thought I was just dumb!
LOL

--
Karleen Cole
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
I'm so sorry, Linda. I didn't see this post.

I learned this stitch from the book Netted Beadwork by Diane Fitzgerald.
Actually, I'm not that thrilled with the book, and you can find the
instructions on-line, so I'd look there. The book's ok, and the directions
are good, I just wasn't that impressed with it. I know the directions are
on about.com as well as other places.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

. ..

Old October 31st 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

On Oct 25, 5:17*am, "Beadbimbo" wrote:
I'm so sorry, Linda. *I didn't see this post.

I learned this stitch from the book Netted Beadwork by Diane Fitzgerald.
Actually, I'm not that thrilled with the book, and you can find the
instructions on-line, so I'd look there. *The book's ok, and the directions
are good, I just wasn't that impressed with it. *I know the directions are
on about.com as well as other places.

--
Jerriwww.beadbimbo.com

. ..

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
: Anyone doing any beading besides me?
:
: I made this netted bracelet to teach my kids. *(They're doing great
learning
: it.)
:
: Then, I decided to decorate it with a beaded Swarovski rivioli. *The
kids
: were pretty impressed when I brought it back this week!
:
:http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/aquajewel1sm.jpg
:
: --
: Jerri
:www.beadbimbo.com

Hi, Jerri. Had problems myself - my isp dropped newsgroups. sob
Trying out Google now...

Thanks for the info! I looked through my book collection, and while I
don't have the book you mentioned, I did find another book by Mary
Ellen Harte, :"Simple Lace and Other Beaded Jewelry Patterns", that
does have a diagram of the netting that I need.

Thanks again!
hugz,
eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs
PRE-eBay auctions: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx

How to store and care for "Copper Bracelet" (Silver Bracelet) ChristopherL Jewelry 3 September 12th 08 02:57 AM
Another bracelet............ Beadbimbo Beads 9 June 19th 06 12:46 PM
new bracelet Beadbimbo Beads 4 June 8th 05 08:00 PM
Got my bracelet :) KDK Beads 7 August 12th 04 05:34 AM
AD: Aurora Auctions, Bali, 14K bracelet, Polished Shell Necklace & Bracelet at eBay Marilee J. Layman Beads 0 October 3rd 03 09:21 PM