Hi All

Old September 4th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
midi73

Default Hi All

Hi.
I just thought I'd introduce myself. It's been a long time since I was
able to spend time reading and posting. I've enjoyed reading all your
posts.

I've been into beads and jewelry for a long time (although I give
private music lessons as well) and have enjoyed it a lot.

I don't do seed beading too much except with the larger ones. I do
make wire jewelry and beads though and have a great time with it.
I'd love to learn to peyote stich. That's always facinated me !

Well, thanks for listening.
Have a wonderful day !
Sylvia
Old September 5th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Hi, Sylvia. Welcome. Do you have any pics that you can show us?
--
hugs,
Linda

:

Old September 9th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie[_4_]

Welcome!

Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valerie-moore.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com
http://valeriesews.blogspot.com

Old November 1st 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
midi73

Hi Linda and Valerie. Sorry it took me so long to get back. I've had
SO many computer problems. They are a curse and a blessing !! Plus
I've been busy getting ready for the fall shows around here. Guess
what? !! I got accepted into the Puget Sound Bead festival for next
summer. That's great. I've wanted to do it for awhile but haven't
been able due to work issues. :-) Now comes the frantic part of
getting ready. LOL

As to pics, just check out

http://www.sylcraft.com (not quite sure how to put in a link that
works)

(this first page has a table of various beads I've done or available
in the store) so that will give you a good idea of what I love to
do.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I've been having fun catching up on
all the posts. :-)
Have a wonderful day!
Sylvia

Old November 4th 08, 09:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie[_4_]

Nice stuff! I love the wirework you do. A friend of mine just got me a
wirework book but man it's beyond me. It uses...jigs...gasp. I'm
trying to figure out how to make one because I'm a "thrifty" (aka cheap
and am obsessed with things I can make myself for less).

The horse heads are nice too, as are the cats! Good job, and congrats on
getting into the show!

Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old November 7th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
midi73

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~http://www.valerie-moore.comhttp://v...s.blogspot.com

midi73 wrote:
[...]

eBay auctions:http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs- Hide quoted text -

Hi.
:-)
Thank you for the compliment.
Yes, I love wire work. It's what I got into originally when no one
had any idea of what it was or how to do it. ;-)

Sculpture handmade beads is also fun for me.
Doing custom orders is actually a fun thing too. People have such
interesting ideas. ;-)

I really like your Polymere clay beads too. They are beautiful ! I
don't think I've seen many with so much detail in them.

Sylvia
www.sylcraft.com
Old November 7th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
midi73

Hi again. Sorry-- I forgot to say thanks on the congrats on getting
into the show.
Makes me a little nervous since I haven't done a big show like that
before. I was asked to do the True Blue show but my Mom was very ill
so I didn't get to do it. This will be the first one. Not quite sure
how much and what to take so it'll be a guessing game !! LOLROF.

Sylvia
http://www.sylcraft.com

Old November 7th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
midi73

It uses...jigs...gasp. I'm
trying to figure out how to make one because I'm a "thrifty" (aka
cheap
and am obsessed with things I can make myself for less).

One more thing on the jigs...

If you are good with a drill or dremel, just get a piece of smooth
wood and mark a grid on it--smaller spaces between the dots will make
a smaller item. Then drill the holes.

Get some finishing nails--a little larger are better because you will
be putting some force on things at times and you don't want them to
bend.

Pound the nails into the grid as straight as possible and "Viola!" you
have a jig. (Smile)

I made myself one when I started out to make my doll clothes hangers
on.

:-)
Sylvia

www.sylcraft.com
Old November 9th 08, 06:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie[_4_]

Ah, thanks for the tips!

Valerie