Update on my aunt

Old July 31st 05, 04:26 AM
Polly Esther

Default Update on my aunt

Thank you, Irene. We were waiting for word on the surgery and future plans.
When you get to visit, please do assure her of our concern and prayers.
Holding you close too, Polly

"IMS" wrote in message
news Thought I'd give you dear folks an update on my aunt, the one I made a
lap quilt for, and delivered last weekend.

She had her surgery Thursday morning. Surgery was three hours, and the
tumor was larger than they expected. She came through the surgery well.
However the doctors want her to start radiation and possibly
chemotherapy this week. My cousin said she is very weak right now and
resting a lot, and basically please wait to visit. That's not a
problem, as having had surgery (many times) myself, I can appreciate not
being able to visit and just wanting to rest after undergoing such a
major operation....and that's one of the reasons I wanted to see her
*before* she went in for surgery.

Anyway, the main issue with all this is that she is a very thin woman,
and always has been. She lost weight over the past two weeks since her
accident, and doesn't have any weight she can spare -- so there's a real
concern with her facing these treatments that way. She will,
fortunately, be staying at her son's house while she gets treatment and
between him, his wife and their kids there should be a lot of
encouragement and support. They will be moving her sometime this week,
and I hope that, next weekend, I'll be able to visit her.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and prayers last week. A few of you
emailed me privately and I can't begin to tell you how much it meant.

-Irene

--------------
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
--Mae West
--------------

Old July 31st 05, 01:11 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Glad she is doing so well, Irene. I do wish I could give her some of my
excess weight! LOL Prayers and good thoughts continuing.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

Old July 31st 05, 03:28 PM
Jessamy

I second that! I will gladly donate 80 pounds of my weight for someone who
needs it more than I do!

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old July 31st 05, 03:51 PM
Dreamweaver

Anyway, the main issue with all this is that she is a very thin woman,
and always has been. She lost weight over the past two weeks since her
accident, and doesn't have any weight she can spare -- so there's a real
concern with her facing these treatments that way.

Irene,
I'm a forty-something living in a Senior Complex and the more I see and
learn, the more I see wisdom behind the middle-age weight gain. It's a
safe-guard against wasting diseases, it gives you that much more to fall
back on if you get sick. Some here would have survived if they'd had the
extra weight when they became ill. Being at "a healthy weight" is not
always so healthy! G
--
Whoohoo!
Dreamweaver

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath
of a buffalo in the winter time. It is the little shadow which runs across
the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
-- Crowfoot, April 1890

Old July 31st 05, 04:30 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
IMS wrote:

[...]

Irene, I'll keep sending my good thoughts and prayers for her continued
improvement.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 1st 05, 03:00 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

Still praying for a good outcome for your aunt. I wonder if it is a good
idea for her to start chemo and radiation if she is so thin and weak? The
treatment is very debilitating and hard enough on a strong person. I would
be very concerned about her weakness and thiness going into such a harsh
treatment.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

OT My Aunt Matthew Hollands Yarn 14 May 12th 05 02:28 AM
Update to the Crestfallen Update! Melissa in NJ Quilting 4 March 17th 05 06:53 PM
Bekah Update....not eating KDK Beads 0 August 3rd 04 09:13 AM
crochet update newsletter C M Crafts Marketplace 0 October 30th 03 01:18 PM
Crochet update newsletter C M Crafts General Crafting 0 October 30th 03 01:16 PM