West Coast Choppers

Old January 7th 04, 05:45 PM
Starla

Default West Coast Choppers

does anyone know where I can find a pattern (online) for one of those "west
coast choppers" Maltese crosses?? If there is a downside to cross stitch
addiction, it would be the frustration of trying to find masculine projects
for the men and boys in our lives......at least for me anyhow! All I can
ever find is feminine projects or one for babies/children or a combination
of both. Of all the theme based books I have seen in the craft stores, I
have never been able to find anything with masculine projects in them.

Thanks a million!
Starla

Old January 7th 04, 06:09 PM
SEL

Starla, I can't help with the west coast choppers - I'll be interested to
see what people post

But I can tell you that for ALL of the men and boys in my life, Lynne
Nicoletti has been my saving grace. LOL Now, I'm "lucky" I guess because
all the men in my life also love sports of all sorts, or tall ships, etc.
And Lynne's patterns are not only fabulous to stitch, but the end results
are fantastic ! http://www.lynnenicoletti.com/ No affiliation - just
a big fan

Good luck finding what you're looking for !

Shannon L.

Old January 7th 04, 08:56 PM
F.James Cripwell

"Starla" ) writes:
If there is a downside to cross stitch
addiction, it would be the frustration of trying to find masculine projects
for the men and boys in our lives......at least for me anyhow!
(snip)
Thanks a million!
Starla

Sorry, I cannot resist a good opportunity! (VBG) Try my web site at
www.ncf.ca/~bf906

--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old January 8th 04, 01:07 PM
Fred

Hi Jim you might want to check this one out!
***Caution*** - for mature male eyes only!!(G)
http://www.vm-designs.net/mall/WEGU01-002.htm

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

Old January 8th 04, 03:57 PM
F.James Cripwell

"Fred" ) writes:
Hi Jim you might want to check this one out!
***Caution*** - for mature male eyes only!!(G)
http://www.vm-designs.net/mall/WEGU01-002.htm

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

Thanks Fred. There are many people out there turning works of art
into counted cross stitch patterns, and then trying to sell the patterns,
IMHO with somewhat false advertising. The one you sent me to is a typical
example. I am sure the picture shown is one of the original work of art.
I am almost certain it is not a picture of a stitched piece. But it does
not even appear to be a picture of what the final product might look like, by
reproducing a picture of the painting after it has been processed by the
software which produces patterns. The size given, IIRC about 175 by 250
stitches, or about 45,000 total stitches, seems to me, to be far and away
too small to provide the detail which the original work of art has.
Since anyone with a computer these days can produce their own patterns
for little or no cost, and get the sort of detail they are prepared to
stitch, I wonder how anyone can make money out of trying to sell this sort
of thing.
Incidentally, your warning of "for mature male eyes only", IMHO is
way out of line. It is a very tasteful picture, one I am sure the
majority of females would enjoy. I can assure you I have contemplated
using pictures which one could only describe as being pornographic, to
turn into patterns, but I am not sure what I could possibly do with them
if I ever stitched them. How could one possibly show anyone that sort of
thing?

West Coast Studios Tina P Pottery 0 January 3rd 05 11:03 PM
Marlboro $13.95/ Camel $13.95/ West $12.95/ KENT $16.95 with delivery ! galastore Marketplace 0 October 1st 04 07:29 AM
West coast trip postponed Marisa Cappetta Beads 3 January 10th 04 11:27 PM
Off to west coast for the weekend Marisa Cappetta Beads 3 January 8th 04 10:47 PM
Oregon Coast stamp stores Dandelion Acres Rubberstamps 3 July 30th 03 06:51 PM