Summer stitching.

Old July 10th 10, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Default Summer stitching.

I am back at my favorite stitching spot. At the cottage, a boat tied up
at the dock. I have a bimini for shade. A radio playing gently in the
background. A light breeze from the lake, with a slight swaying of the
boat. And the light is fantastic. Temperature down to a pleasant 30 C,
with lower humidity. Heaven. Jim.
Old July 11th 10, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/10/10 12:20 PM, in article , "F.James
Cripwell" wrote:

I am back at my favorite stitching spot. At the cottage, a boat tied up
at the dock. I have a bimini for shade. A radio playing gently in the
background. A light breeze from the lake, with a slight swaying of the
boat. And the light is fantastic. Temperature down to a pleasant 30 C,
with lower humidity. Heaven. Jim.

Its been to humid to stitch outside here, but I'd sure love to be doing just
that.

Between bouts of gardening (spreading mulch, replanting/dividing etc), I'll
sit on the front porch with a book.

Cheryl

Old July 11th 10, 01:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

F.James Cripwell wrote:
I am back at my favorite stitching spot. At the cottage, a boat tied up
at the dock. I have a bimini for shade. A radio playing gently in the
background. A light breeze from the lake, with a slight swaying of the
boat. And the light is fantastic. Temperature down to a pleasant 30 C,
with lower humidity. Heaven. Jim.

And I'm off to Lizard Land on Thursday asnd will spend most of my
time at the cabin in the White Mountains for the next five weeks. I
have tons of stitching to work on and plan to purchase myself a nice
rocking chair for the porch so I have somewhere "suitable" to sit! It
might be warm (mid to high 90's) but there will be NO humidity and I
will be surrounded by wonderful, beautiful , heavenly scented pine
trees. As Jim says "Heaven". CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old July 12th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

On Jul 10, 9:20*am, (F.James Cripwell)
wrote:
I am back at my favorite stitching spot. *At the cottage, a boat tied up
at the dock. *I have a bimini for shade. *A radio playing gently in the
background. *A light breeze from the lake, with a slight swaying of the
boat. *And the light is fantastic. *Temperature down to a pleasant 30 C,
with lower humidity. *Heaven. *Jim.

Sounds great to me! I've been sitting out in the dappled shade of the
oak trees. They're not the big thick trunked oak, but very tall.
There are also loads of pine and fir around. I love to sit and listen
to the breeze in the tree tops and to the birds twittering and calling
to each other. Last night, the two five point bucks that usually
argue over which of them will lie IN the old chicken pen came up
closer to say hello. The temperature has been in the 90s and hundreds
but the humidity has been low (that's why we live here) :-) but it's
good stitching weather.

Liz from Humbug
Old July 12th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 7/12/2010 3:41 PM, Liz from Humbug wrote:
I've been sitting out in the dappled shade of the
oak trees. They're not the big thick trunked oak, but very tall.
There are also loads of pine and fir around. I love to sit and listen
to the breeze in the tree tops and to the birds twittering and calling
to each other.

I love the mental picture you painted. When I stitched "And a Forest
Grew", I changed the quotes used in the piece, and the one in the small
tree now says:

"Breeze is the conductor, trees the musicians, and leaves the instruments."

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old July 13th 10, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Cripwell" wrote:

I am back at my favorite stitching spot. At the cottage, a boat tied up
at the dock. I have a bimini for shade. A radio playing gently in the
background. A light breeze from the lake, with a slight swaying of the
boat. And the light is fantastic. Temperature down to a pleasant 30 C,
with lower humidity. Heaven. Jim.

Sound fabulous. I'm trying to see if I can get the umbrella up on the table
on the deck (it seems to interfere with the overhead wooden open structure -
but maybe. Been too hot here for outdoor stitching - but maybe soon!

Ellice

Old July 13th 10, 07:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 7/12/10 4:37 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 7/12/2010 3:41 PM, Liz from Humbug wrote:
I've been sitting out in the dappled shade of the
oak trees. They're not the big thick trunked oak, but very tall.
There are also loads of pine and fir around. I love to sit and listen
to the breeze in the tree tops and to the birds twittering and calling
to each other.

I love the mental picture you painted. When I stitched "And a Forest
Grew", I changed the quotes used in the piece, and the one in the small
tree now says:

"Breeze is the conductor, trees the musicians, and leaves the instruments."

sue

Excellent quote!

Ellice

Old July 14th 10, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

On Jul 13, 11:32*am, "Ellice K." wrote:
On 7/12/10 4:37 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

wrote:
On 7/12/2010 3:41 PM, Liz from Humbug wrote:
* *I've been sitting out in the dappled shade of the
oak trees. *They're not the big thick trunked oak, but very tall.
There are also loads of pine and fir around. *I love to sit and listen
to the breeze in the tree tops and to the birds twittering and calling
to each other.

I love the mental picture you painted. When I stitched "And a Forest
Grew", I changed the quotes used in the piece, and the one in the small
tree now says:

"Breeze is the conductor, trees the musicians, and leaves the instruments."

sue

Excellent quote!

Ellice

I've added it to my "Sampler Sayings" page. I don't know when I'll
get to it but I'm thinking of squiggly lines, trees and leaves to go
in between the words. :-)
Liz from Humbug