A Lovett's Loop

Old July 13th 10, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default A Lovett's Loop

Anyone know this stitch?

I'm, well bored is quite right, but close enough with my current projects
and wanted to pick up a quickie and found a kit from Fern Ridge called One
Bag Full - a wooly sheep purse.

Ok - What the heck is a Lovett's Loop. I've done loop/turkey work before,
but this is strange

Any one know a video etc - I sure couldn't find anything..

Old July 13th 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Anyone know this stitch?

I'm, well bored is quite right, but close enough with my current projects
and wanted to pick up a quickie and found a kit from Fern Ridge called One
Bag Full - a wooly sheep purse.

Ok - What the heck is a Lovett's Loop. I've done loop/turkey work before,
but this is strange

Any one know a video etc - I sure couldn't find anything..

Probably a form of turkey work, but just in case why not send a note to Fern
Ridge and ask them. They designed, they should know what it is.

Lucille

Old July 14th 10, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/13/10 4:15 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Anyone know this stitch?

I'm, well bored is quite right, but close enough with my current projects
and wanted to pick up a quickie and found a kit from Fern Ridge called One
Bag Full - a wooly sheep purse.

Ok - What the heck is a Lovett's Loop. I've done loop/turkey work before,
but this is strange

Any one know a video etc - I sure couldn't find anything..

Probably a form of turkey work, but just in case why not send a note to Fern
Ridge and ask them. They designed, they should know what it is.

Lucille

That's my next line of attack - I had been thinking of this as my
"orthodontist" project as over the next few months, I'm going to be at their
office quite a bit. DDE has her two appointment today.

Cheryl

Old July 14th 10, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Llanite

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:31:48 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 7/13/10 4:15 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Anyone know this stitch?

I'm, well bored is quite right, but close enough with my current projects
and wanted to pick up a quickie and found a kit from Fern Ridge called One
Bag Full - a wooly sheep purse.

Ok - What the heck is a Lovett's Loop. I've done loop/turkey work before,
but this is strange

Any one know a video etc - I sure couldn't find anything..

Probably a form of turkey work, but just in case why not send a note to Fern
Ridge and ask them. They designed, they should know what it is.

Lucille

That's my next line of attack - I had been thinking of this as my
"orthodontist" project as over the next few months, I'm going to be at their
office quite a bit. DDE has her two appointment today.

Cheryl

You have my curiousity aroused. There is something called a garter
stich or a mattress stitch used in making Mrs. Lovett's Mitts (part of
the costume from Sweeny Todd). Could there be a connection? The mitts
are sort of fishnet lace. I checked Rocksea&Sarah, but found no anwer
there. www.rocksea.org

Alex
Old July 14th 10, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/14/10 12:30 PM, in article , "Karen C -
California" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
DDE has her two appointment today.

DDE = Dwight David Eisenhower?

Dear Daughter E....

Old July 14th 10, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/14/10 11:37 AM, in article ,
"Llanite" wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:31:48 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 7/13/10 4:15 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

[...]

What it looks like to me is a variation of turkerywork

http://www.needlepoint.org/StitchOfT...h/2006/aug.php
Or
http://www.prettyimpressivestuff.com...key_frames.htm

Loops are "down" and the 4th spot is down a row. And no clear indication of
where 5 should be...

Cheryl

Old July 14th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 7/14/10 1:26 PM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 7/14/10 11:37 AM, in article ,
"Llanite" wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:31:48 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 7/13/10 4:15 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

[...]

Just because, as we all search for this... I actually posed the question on
the Natl Embroidery Teachers Asso. Closed list. We'll see if someone comes
back, as there are phenomenal teachers and designers in the group -
including those that have written the stitch books which the rest of us are
perpetually using for reference.

My guess, someone's personal variation of Turkey Work - and either there was
a specific kind of size/count for the spacing that worked in the model - or
Cheryl can be brave and make her own coloring book lines for placement.
But, a reference is a good thing.

Ellice

Old July 15th 10, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Chemiker

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:37:25 -0500, Llanite
wrote:

You have my curiousity aroused. There is something called a garter
stich or a mattress stitch used in making Mrs. Lovett's Mitts (part of
the costume from Sweeny Todd). Could there be a connection? The mitts
are sort of fishnet lace. I checked Rocksea&Sarah, but found no anwer
there. www.rocksea.org

Just a FWIW: Llanite is SWMBO. I wrote that from her cptr, and it
defaulted to her user name.

Alex

Simple loop versus wrapped loop and more DMW Beads 5 February 17th 08 05:19 AM
So far out of the loop.... [email protected] Quilting 4 February 1st 08 12:44 AM
A loop Icarus Knots 2 October 2nd 04 09:56 PM
To loop or not to loop?? Jenn Ridley Needlework 1 August 16th 03 01:55 AM
I know I've been out of the loop... Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 1 July 2nd 03 10:54 PM