Looking for hardening clay for small figures...

Old November 19th 05, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Default Looking for hardening clay for small figures...

Our 8-yr-old boy makes tons of small figures out of clay. Every day.
He's highly devloped his skills. But he's only ever used the kind of
clay that doesn't harden. We want to find a clay of equal quality which
hardens. Any ideas?

Here's a link to some pics of his work that should please any lover of
clay art, I daresay... http://outyourbackdoor.com/article.php?id=15 .

Thanks, JP

Old November 19th 05, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

JP, polymer clay is exactly what you are talking about. My kids loved it--my
older son still uses it now that he's a professional puppeteer and prop
builder. There are many brands, all bake in an oven betwee 265 and 300
degrees F. . Check out this newsgroup, and also www.glassattic.com and
www.polymerclaycentral.com for more information.

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
ups.com...

Old November 26th 05, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

JP,
Why don't you just bake his creations?

It looks like his skills have advanced way beyond Model Magic (which is
the kid's air dry modeling clay). And since these pictures were taken
in 2003, we can only imagine what he's doing now.

I used Model Magic for my kids' diaramas, and the animals broke.

Your child's creations are way too artistic to trust to crumbly air dry
clay. Perhaps you could get him a used oven?

Old November 26th 05, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

twinkiesmom wrote:
JP,
Why don't you just bake his creations?

It looks like his skills have advanced way beyond Model Magic (which is
the kid's air dry modeling clay). And since these pictures were taken
in 2003, we can only imagine what he's doing now.

I used Model Magic for my kids' diaramas, and the animals broke.

Your child's creations are way too artistic to trust to crumbly air dry
clay. Perhaps you could get him a used oven?

Check this stuff out. http://www.avesstudio.com/home.html
Robert

Floating Blue and pinging CNB Pottery 5 May 10th 04 04:01 PM
warning: GREAT LAKES CLAY COMPANY (WILL STEAL FROM YOU) grizzzlyadam Pottery 17 March 19th 04 02:22 AM
Using polymer clay figures in soap Helene G. Polymer Clay 3 November 28th 03 07:14 AM
Modeling clay as a substitute for "clay bars" for auto detailing? Jon Noring Polymer Clay 4 September 23rd 03 12:36 AM
FAQ:Intro to rec.crafts.pottery Mishy Lowe Pottery 0 July 18th 03 06:05 AM