Need help with Bubble stitch

Old October 27th 03, 06:26 PM
Melissa

Darwin,

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) After posting that last message, I
changed the way I YO after inserting the hook and I got 7 loops on the
hook and I was able to pull through the loops easily and it worked.
Thanks so much for everything, I really appreciate it.

Melissa

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:06:08 GMT, Melissa
wrote:

Darwin,

Your instructions are very helpful and my mind grasps the concept but
my hands just don't want to co-operate. I seem to be getting 9 loops
on my hook instead of 7. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Ch 2, TURN, YO, insert hook from front to back into stitch to the
right of the Ch 2.

2. YO, and bring hook back (Here I'm just bringing the hook + YO that
was just made back through the stitch where I originally inserted my
hook ie. back to front) and my hook is now back to the top of the row.

3. repeat 2 more times and then YO and pull through all loops. When
I do that I have 9 loops.

I think the reason why I have too many loops has to do with bringing
the hook back. Am I doing that part correctly?

Thanks again for all your help!

Melissa

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:27:30 GMT, "RigPilot"
wrote:

Melissa,

Excellent. That makes me feel really good.

Just make sure to return (bring the hook back) all the way,
so that your hook is again at the top of the row you are
working on, and to the left of the stitch you are working
around. Relax and just take the slack out of the yarn so
that the hook size determines the tension of the sitches.
Don't pull or stretch the yarn, else your moods and
temperament will determine your gauge instead of which hook
and yarn weight you are using.

Keep up the great work,

Darwin

"Melissa" wrote in message
.com...
Darwin,

Thank you! This totally helps. I'm making a ballet

slipper pattern
from a Leisure Arts book called Slippers!

---
10/23/03

Old October 27th 03, 08:19 PM
RigPilot

Melissa,

Here we go.

"Melissa" wrote in message
Darwin,

Your instructions are very helpful and my mind grasps the

concept but
my hands just don't want to co-operate. I seem to be

getting 9 loops
on my hook instead of 7. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Ch 2, TURN, YO, insert hook from front to back into

stitch to the
right of the Ch 2.

Here's a little personal preference tip for you. Sometimes,
I find it looks nicer to turn first and then ch-2. That way
the turning chain is not twisted. I like the edge better,
but... Whatever you choose to do, be consistent throughout.

You had a loop on the hook and made one more. (2 loops)

2. YO, and bring hook back (Here I'm just bringing the

hook + YO that
was just made back through the stitch where I originally

inserted my
hook ie. back to front) and my hook is now back to the top

of the row.

Return the hook back to the starting position of the stitch
you are making...not just to the top in front of the row you
are working into..., back to the left side of the turning
chain (or hdc) and to the height of the ch-2 (or hdc). Make
the pulled up loop larger/longer. Don't just yank the hook
over there by stretching the yarn to reach.

You had 2 loops on hook and made one more. (3 loops)

3. repeat 2 more times and then YO and pull through all

loops. When
I do that I have 9 loops.

YO and pull up a loop 2 more times. (7 loops)

Make sure to return to your starting position each time by
making the loops pulled up long enough to reach without
tugging on the yarn. If you relax your grip on the hook and
it snaps back to the right side of the ch-2 (hdc) from the
left side, then you're working too tightly.

You had a loop on the hook, then YO, pull up loop, YO, pull
up loop, YO, pull up loop. That makes 7 loops, then YO and
pull through all loops on the hook. (1 six-loop bubble made)

When you pull the last loop through all the others to
complete the Bubble Stitch, be sure to work it up tightly
before you YO to make the next HDC.

I think the reason why I have too many loops has to do

with bringing
the hook back. Am I doing that part correctly?

I'd have to watch you work to say for sure. Does anyone here
see mistakes or flaws in my explanation? Please, let's give
Melissa some feedback from another point of view.

Thanks again for all your help!

Melissa

My pleasure. Make it pretty.

Darwin