net love - does it last

Old December 4th 03, 07:08 AM
Morgana

On 3 Dec 2003 10:12:38 -0800, (emer) wrote:

People don't respect marriage anymore.

Some of us do. Come April I will have beem married for three years, and
though it's probably not what you wanted to hear, I met him on the net. So
yes, it can and does last sometimes.

Speaking as a legal secretary my advice to you would be to find a good
lawyer/solicitor who deals with matrimonial issues, and if you do nothing
else, find out where you stand and protect your legal position. Your
lawyer/solicitor will be able to advise you what to do next.

And lean on your friends - that's what they're there for.

All the very best of luck, Emer.

-Morgana
--
WIP: Anchor's "Caught Napping"
COMPLETED: Avid's "Vulcan XH558"
Old December 4th 03, 01:48 PM
emer

Ellice wrote in message ...
I am so sorry to hear this - a terribly hard situation for you in all
aspects of your life.

As so many have suggested - run, don't walk, to YOUR barrister. Try to focus
on yourself, and think as rationally as possible to list out your business -
history, assets, responsibilities, and your personal things as well. And, if
you haven't done it - make sure to put what money you can away in a single
account to protect yourself. You can always share it back. It's important
that you try to protect your now, and future - regardless of what happens
with this man and his net relationship. Sadly, people don't always honor
"honorable" splits - and you have to watch out. No doubt your barrister will
advise you as to the future of your business - and you have time to make
decisions about changing that.

Definitely go find a counselor, therapist, someone to talk with, and give
you professional guidance and reassurance. Of course, here - your net
relations will always share hugs.

To everyone thanks for your thoughts and messages It really helped to
come in and read. Love is horrid, He suffers from depression and no
one wants to hear that they may be the cause. As of today shes still
coming. The appointment with the solicitor is made. You are my
conselors along with my DSister and my best friend. They are both
ringing me every evening to check in. My brother offered to hit him I
said no!!!. The without warning bursting into tears is very hard. I
currently have three songs running through my head : Jolene, (Dolly
Parton) Rod Stewart (name escapes me its the one "you're in my heart
you;re in my soul etc and REM Its a bad day please don't take my
picture.
(no stitching tears make everything blurry)
thanks again emer

Third - about your question. Sometimes net relations last. Sometimes they're
a fad, like a crush - something exciting - unknown - people can present
themselves in myriads of ways when there is the separation of miles and
computer screens. Who knows. Regardless - this man has obviously put your
value in his, your shared lives, below its worth. If his other thing fails,
you'll still have work to do to rebuild. In the meantime, focus on you.

Best of luck - {{{emer}}}

Ellice

On 12/3/03 1:12 PM,"emer" posted:

Has anyone ever heard of a net love. My not now so DH is leaving me
for a woman called Kim from Penn.US. Shes leaving US and moving here
to Ireland on 17th Dec. Do I ride it out or move on. I'm in the
immediate aftermath ie day 2 so its very raw, i'm also not at my most
lucid. Apologies in advance. Shes my age. Further complicated by
the fact he and I work together in a business we founded. I'm 38
scared rattling around in my house talking to the walls. I don't
expect replies I know you'll be supportive. People don't respect
marriage anymore.
Emer

Old December 4th 03, 11:42 PM
Lucille

How about: "Got along without you before I met you and I'll get along
without you now."

"Karen C - California" wrote in message
In article ,
(emer) writes:

I currently have three songs running through my head

Make it four: "I can do Without You" from "My Fair Lady"

--
Finished 11/18/03 -- Bird of Paradise
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands

(2d
one)

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html

Old December 6th 03, 10:27 AM
Ruthie

emer wrote:

Love is horrid, He suffers from depression and no
one wants to hear that they may be the cause.

Speaking as a sufferer of depression - YOU ARE NOT THE CAUSE. Depression
is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain.

There may have been people and incidents that *contributed* to my
bleeping depression - but only because the disease made me less able to
cope. Bad news will knock me down for a long time.

I can imagine how depressed I'd get if I had to tell my DH that someone
I met on the 'net was my new love. But that wouldn't be DH's fault.

I'd like to add to the rest of the very good advice you've gotten.
Either buy his half, or sell to him your half, of the business. If you
feel capable of running it by yourself, buy it. If you don't, sell it.

If the Pennsylvania Popsy comes over and doesn't work out, he will
likely become a lump of inert depression. In that state, he could damage
the business, simply by lack of action. So protect yourself in advance.

Very comforting hugs,

Ruthie in Colorado

Old December 6th 03, 05:32 PM
Karen C - California

In article et, Ruthie
writes:

There may have been people and incidents that *contributed* to my
bleeping depression - but only because the disease made me less able to
cope.

That's typical of any illness. I'd put up with 2 years of ongoing annoyances
from PITA XH. It didn't bother me in the least until I came down with the flu.
Then, it started irritating the heck out of me. The frequency hadn't
increased any, just seemed like it had gotten much much worse.