Hand Dyed Evenweaves

Old December 2nd 03, 08:19 PM
gardengene

Default Hand Dyed Evenweaves

Hi All,

I'm fascinated with these materials! I've been looking at fabrics from
Silkweaver's (www.silkweaver.com) Has anyone ordered from them?

I'm thinking of doing Mermaid Heaven on one of these, but can't decide
if I want a "sky" background or more of a "sunset" looking background.
Any suggestions, comments, etc. would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks, Geri
Old December 2nd 03, 09:50 PM
emerald

"gardengene" wrote in message
m...
Hi All,

I'm fascinated with these materials! I've been looking at fabrics from
Silkweaver's (www.silkweaver.com) Has anyone ordered from them?

I'm thinking of doing Mermaid Heaven on one of these, but can't decide
if I want a "sky" background or more of a "sunset" looking background.
Any suggestions, comments, etc. would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi Geri,

I've ordered from Silkweaver and had great service from them (and I live in
Canada). The fabrics are beautiful though I find that, in general, they are
a bit lighter in colour than what shows on my monitor.

Silkweaver's are currently running a contest of pieces stitched on their
fabrics. http://www.silkweaver.com/showcase/
Among the large ones is a beautiful version of Mermaid Heaven done on Tutti
Frutti. Here's the direct link:
http://www.silkweaver.com/showcase/pix/0127.jpg.

I also think she'd look gorgeous on Rainbow Sparkle or Ocean, both from the
Reflections series.

hth,
emerald

Old December 2nd 03, 10:32 PM
Elizabeth Fusina

gardengene wrote:

Hi All,

I'm fascinated with these materials! I've been looking at fabrics from
Silkweaver's (www.silkweaver.com) Has anyone ordered from them?

I'm thinking of doing Mermaid Heaven on one of these, but can't decide
if I want a "sky" background or more of a "sunset" looking background.
Any suggestions, comments, etc. would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ooooh. Do sunset, do sunset! I did Mermaid Heaven on the fabric given
with the kit, but I can imagine them on a sunset fabric. I finished it
as a wall hanging with watery looking hand-dyed sunset colors fabric for
the water and deep blue with printed clouds for the sky and they turned
out lovely. I can only imagine they would be lovelier yet on a hand-dyed
fabric. Oh, and I did the backstitching on the tails of the mermaids in
metallics to match the tail color, dusty rose for the baby and purple
for mama. Very subtle but also pretty. I used Guitermann metallics-not
sliver but the round thread.

Elizabeth
Old December 2nd 03, 10:36 PM
Monique Reed

I have an order pending with them. They've been very helpful
answering questions, etc., to make sure I ordered just the right
shade.

Monique

Old December 4th 03, 06:04 PM
gardengene

Thank you all for the ideas! And the links. I had my eye on the Tutti
Frutti material, but thought maybe it would be too "busy". Now that I
see it, it is just absolutely beautiful!

I'm still not sure about the "sky" vs. "sunset" background - am going
to look at the actual threads used 1st.

Oh, there are just too many choices sometimes!!!

Will keep you posted - won't be starting this one for awhile tho'.

Thanks again!

Geri

Old December 5th 03, 03:58 AM
Faren

I've also ordered from silkweaver and have been very happy with them. You
might look at their solos too, they have some very beautiful fabrics and
unique ones too.

Annell

Old December 6th 03, 03:00 AM
nessierhea

I am a member of the fabric of the month club with Silkweaver. I get
3 large cuts a month, 2 of which are the hand dyed expressions or
solos. I have a whole drawer full!! I use these on most of the
pieces I do now and I get all kinds of compliments on the materials.
Didn't realize, but my needlework shop orders from Silkweaver as well.
One of the women that worked at the shop went on line and joined the
club too!! They are wonderful to work with and that is where I get my
material exclusively.
Old December 6th 03, 09:16 AM
Kristy Malarkey

I am a member of the Fabric of the Month Club and Strands of the Month Club
and they are awesome and the colors are awesome. I have used several for
L*K designs and some Martina Webers designs and they look awesome :-)

Good Luck

Kristy