trying to use up glaze materials

Old September 22nd 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
darshan

Default trying to use up glaze materials

I am looking to mix new glazes using the materials I have in stock. Is
there a website or a downloadable program I could use to calculate glaze
recipes. ie, by plugging in the words "redclay," "silica," "whiting,"
"feldsbar"etc...

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/gro...rafts.pottery/
More information at http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/faq.html

Old September 23rd 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
dkat

The two glaze programs I know of are

http://www.digitalfire.com/ (you have til sep 30 for discount price)
http://www.masteringglazes.com/Pages/GM1frame.html

Both excellent programs but I don't think they are what you are asking for
specifically. What you can do however is find glazes you like and
reformulate them to work with the materials you have. It is easy to do with
this software. Read both sites - they are full of all the information you
would need.

Also Alisa Clausen has a lot of work with red art
http://www.alisapots.dk/redclayglazes.htm
June Perry has done a great deal of testing (this is to cone6 but she also
has cone10)
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/shambh...azegroup1.html
John Post has some very nice grid displays and glazes
http://www.johnpost.us/

lkaboutcrafting.com...

Mixing materials hh Quilting 5 October 29th 07 01:21 AM
Using Unusual Materials Min Quilting 27 June 12th 06 05:08 PM
Low cost glaze materials? N. Thornton Pottery 3 November 7th 04 11:47 AM
Raw materials C A . Butler Polymer Clay 1 October 17th 04 02:40 AM
working with odd materials JudyTurpin Yarn 1 October 16th 04 10:38 AM