Teaching kids about recycling in a fun way!

Old January 19th 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Teaching kids about recycling in a fun way!

Great Way to Recycle!
Recycling Tips!

Ever wonder what to do with the "stuff" that is left-over when you
finish an art project. Stuff like yarn, felt, colorful buttons, beads,
colored pencils, paper scraps with interesting designs, fabric - those
things just a bit too small to use. Well, here's an idea! Why not
donate them to a school. Primary teachers, like myself, are always
looking for items to incorporate into their lessons. Varying the
materials that are used to teach will provide a full sensory
experience and make learning more hands-on and fun.

As a teacher, I try to recycle on a daily basis and teach my students
about the importance and merits of recycling. Any items I have left-
over from completed projects are donated to my school. It's my way of
doing something for our environment - it reduces the cost for the
teacher and the kids have fun. If you are interested in donating
unused craft items, that can be used by primary teachers, please
contact me at: .

Thanks,
Neko