moebious as lovely as ever

Old January 7th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Default moebious as lovely as ever

OK thnx Suzee wondered if you could transfer from one circ to another one
half way through it...
higz cher

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Y? wrote:
Hi Mirjam
yes this is what I am doing, using another circ so that I can knit a few
stitches, then transferring them onto the working circular...takes a
couple of rounds before I can get going...lol.
I did try casting on with waste yarn and then knitting a round with the
main yarn, and picking up the main loop from the waste yarn, on the next
bottom round, but that was as bad.. transferring is alot easier.. I do
cast on loosely too, so I think it's the main tipped bits that are too
long..

Why transfer the sts? Just continue using the 2nd circular, it works a lot
better.

sue

Old January 7th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Y? wrote:

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Y? wrote:
Hi Mirjam
yes this is what I am doing, using another circ so that I can knit a few
stitches, then transferring them onto the working circular...takes a
couple of rounds before I can get going...lol.
I did try casting on with waste yarn and then knitting a round with the
main yarn, and picking up the main loop from the waste yarn, on the next
bottom round, but that was as bad.. transferring is alot easier.. I do
cast on loosely too, so I think it's the main tipped bits that are too
long..

Why transfer the sts? Just continue using the 2nd circular, it works a lot
better.

OK thnx Suzee wondered if you could transfer from one circ to
another one half way through it...
higz cher

When I first did some, I didn't know Cat Bordhi's Moebius CO, so just
picked up stitches from the `bottom' of a regular CO and it was hard
going. I used a 2nd cir for that 2nd half and for several more rounds
and then just used one. However, later on, when I wanted to see how big
it was getting and how it was turning out, I knit with the 2nd one
again. If you have the same size, no need to transfer stitches, just
knit with the other one too.

sue
Old January 7th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Hi Suzee, I think I see what you mean, do you mean so that you then have
two circs going into one scarf

higz Cher

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Y? wrote:

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Old January 8th 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Y? wrote:

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Y? wrote:

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Y? wrote:
[...]

Yep, you knit halfway around with one, then take the tail of the left
hand needle and start knitting with it, until the stitches are gone from
it, then repeat. Have you never done knitting with 2 circulars before?

sue
Old January 8th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 7, 7:21*pm, suzee wrote:
Y? wrote:
Hi Mirjam
yes this is what I am doing, using another circ so that I can knit a few
stitches, then transferring them onto the working circular...takes a couple
of rounds before I can get going...lol.
I did try casting on with waste yarn and then knitting a round with the main
yarn, and picking up the main loop from the waste yarn, on the next bottom
round, but that was as bad.. transferring is alot easier.. I do cast on
loosely too, so I think it's the main tipped bits that are too long..

Why transfer the sts? Just continue using the 2nd circular, it works a
lot better.

sue

A lot of times when i work 2 colors i work as i described with a Dc
and the circular m also have dine it with 2 circulars , but do not
chnge half way ,, like some body here sugeested if i use a second
circular i just knit all stitches on that one and than take the empty
one and use that one ,, but i really enjoy having them all on the one
circular ,,,
mirjam
Old January 8th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 7, 10:26*pm, suzee wrote:
Y? wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
freenews.net...
Y? wrote:
[...]

Sue Cher when i cast on the knit way it is quite loose enough to cast
on the new st underneath ,,, now i tried to cast on a bigger sized
needle and than cast on beneath it with the intended to knit needle ,,
it works much better !!!!
mirjam
Old January 8th 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 8, 5:57*am, suzee wrote:
Y? wrote:

"suzee" wrote in message
freenews.net...
Y? wrote:

"suzee" wrote in message
adfreenews.net...

*
* higz Cher

Yep, you knit halfway around with one, then take the tail of the left
hand needle and start knitting with it, until the stitches are gone from
it, then repeat. Have you never done knitting with 2 circulars before?

sue- Hide quoted text -

Sue doesnt that enable a `notorious` gap =ladder in the 2 places
where you switch ??? or do you moove some stitiches from 1 circular to
the other to avoid that !!!!?
mirjam
Old January 8th 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

wrote:
On Jan 8, 5:57 am, suzee wrote:
Y? wrote:

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Y? wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Y? wrote:
[...]

It doesn't have to, but yeah I usually make the changeover in a
different place on every round to avoid any stretching.

sue
Old January 8th 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

wrote:
On Jan 7, 10:26 pm, suzee wrote:
Y? wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Y? wrote:
[...]

The MCO that is demonstrated here -
http://djinnj.livejournal.com/80804.html?style=mine is very much like a
provisional or invisible cast on and works much better than a
conventional CO and picking up stitches from the lower part of that.

sue
Old January 8th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 8, 5:57*am, suzee wrote:
Y? wrote:

"suzee" wrote in message
freenews.net...
Y? wrote:

"suzee" wrote in message
adfreenews.net...
Y? wrote:
[...]

Went top look at this Very nice site you posted with the great pics on
how to make a Moebious , but i still don`t see the point in the Waste
thread ???? also , having made a few moebiouses over time i don`t see
where she casts on the other side`s stitches ,,,,But i think people
sjould try and see which method works for them ,,,,,,mirjam

Moebious Chapala Cheryl Yarn 9 March 22nd 07 05:50 PM
a *moebious* thread Carol In WI Yarn 1 March 18th 07 02:34 AM
Moebious done! Hurray!! Aud Yarn 5 February 12th 07 05:41 AM
Moebious Why and my method Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 0 January 24th 06 10:14 PM
Moebious hat ,,instructions Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 14 November 23rd 05 11:14 PM