Blackest solid Black Fabric Review

Old November 2nd 03, 10:35 PM
Kathy

Default Blackest solid Black Fabric Review

Hi all,
I have rec'd my package (yesterday) of fabric that I ordered from Big
Horn Fabrics last week. It is the new Michael Miller Jet Black and is
supposed to be the Blackest of the Blacks solid Black fabric.
Comparing it next to some of my other "wanna-be" black solids I would
say that it is a keeper. I paid $5.00 a yard for it at Big Horn
(locally it was $10.95 per yard) so it was well worth it.

Kathy (in Alaska)
Old November 3rd 03, 03:32 AM
Polly Esther

Thank you, Kathy. Mental note made. Better than that, I wrote it down in my
always by computer shorthand pad. In cursive. Sometimes I can read my
shorthand, sometimes not. Polly

om...

Old November 3rd 03, 08:28 AM
Patti

Interesting!
I went to buy a couple of black and white's on Friday. The assistant
showed me two others. I said, no they're navy and white. They are
black she said - and proceeded to show me the trade ordering card where
it said 'black'. So, having been told, I bought the two FQ's! When I
got home I compared them with various of my blacks and black/whites.
They still looked navy. I washed them - they looked black for a while!!
When they were dry and ironed, I thought, 'you twit, if they look navy,
no amount of saying they're black will make them look black'! So, I've
set them aside for when I need a navy.
Moral: black is very subjective.
..
In article , Kathy
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 3rd 03, 04:44 PM
Polly Esther

And furthermore. Some blacks are not very friendly with each other. I have
four blacks over on the cutting table right now. One is leaning toward a
cool blue, another is sort of warm green. The variances won't make a bit of
difference with what I'm cutting. It's a "the more, the merrier" sort of
splashy thing. Polly

.
In article , Kathy
writes
Hi all,
I have rec'd my package (yesterday) of fabric that I ordered from Big
Horn Fabrics last week. It is the new Michael Miller Jet Black and is
supposed to be the Blackest of the Blacks solid Black fabric.
Comparing it next to some of my other "wanna-be" black solids I would
say that it is a keeper. I paid $5.00 a yard for it at Big Horn
(locally it was $10.95 per yard) so it was well worth it.

Kathy (in Alaska)

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

black hills gold jewelry [email protected] Jewelry 0 September 24th 04 02:22 AM
White fabric review? Quilting 10 October 27th 03 03:25 PM
Keepsake Quilting's solid black cotton Johanna Gibson Quilting 6 October 6th 03 05:55 PM
FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM