glaze toxicity

Old October 21st 03, 09:24 AM
annemarie

Default glaze toxicity

A few years ago someone posted a great list of glaze materials and their
relative toxicity. I have lost it unfortunately. I went onto the net to
look for something but couldn't find anything very good.
In the pottery group I belong to many of the members have little idea of the
dangers.
I would really appreciate anybody posting anything that I could pin to the
wall down at the rooms.
Thanks
Annemarie

Old October 21st 03, 02:47 PM
Dewitt

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:24:34 +1300, "annemarie"
wrote:

A few years ago someone posted a great list of glaze materials and their
relative toxicity. I have lost it unfortunately. I went onto the net to
look for something but couldn't find anything very good.
In the pottery group I belong to many of the members have little idea of the
dangers.
I would really appreciate anybody posting anything that I could pin to the
wall down at the rooms.
Thanks
Annemarie

The formating isn't good, but I think this may be the list you are
referring to http://www.potters.org/subject13324.htm. Also, take a
look at
http://www.ceramicstoday.com/article..._materials.htm

There is also more toxicity info at
http://www.digitalfire.ab.ca/cermat/education/index.php under both
Safety and Toxicity.

deg
Old October 21st 03, 03:17 PM
Boris Mohar

wrote:

A few years ago someone posted a great list of glaze materials and their
relative toxicity. I have lost it unfortunately. I went onto the net to
look for something but couldn't find anything very good.
In the pottery group I belong to many of the members have little idea of the
dangers.
I would really appreciate anybody posting anything that I could pin to the
wall down at the rooms.
Thanks
Annemarie

I have an article titled

Toxicity Ratings for Ceramic Materials

It is in Microsoft Word format. Do you want me to send it?

BTW, your email does not work.

--

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see:
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs http://www3.sympatico.ca/borism/
Aurora, Ontario

Old October 21st 03, 08:41 PM
annemarie

wrote:

A few years ago someone posted a great list of glaze materials and their
relative toxicity. I have lost it unfortunately. I went onto the net to
look for something but couldn't find anything very good.
In the pottery group I belong to many of the members have little idea of

the
dangers.
I would really appreciate anybody posting anything that I could pin to

the
wall down at the rooms.
Thanks
Annemarie

The formating isn't good, but I think this may be the list you are
referring to http://www.potters.org/subject13324.htm.

This is one that I found, but yes the formating is really difficult to
follow. I thought of printing it, then sitting down and reformating it, but
so much work!!

Also, take a
look at
http://www.ceramicstoday.com/article..._materials.htm

This is good, saved it )

There is also more toxicity info at
http://www.digitalfire.ab.ca/cermat/education/index.php under both
Safety and Toxicity.

This is a really good site that I have also saved, too long to print
perhaps, but I will advertise the site.
Thanks for your help.

deg

Old October 21st 03, 10:04 PM
wayneinkeywest

I have an article titled

Toxicity Ratings for Ceramic Materials

It is in Microsoft Word format. Do you want me to send it?

BTW, your email does not work.

--

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Mr. Mohar, I would certainly appreciate a copy,
should you care to send it.

Thanks in advance,
Wayne Seidl
in Key West

glas FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 October 16th 03 07:50 PM
Glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 1 September 18th 03 04:16 PM
glaze FAQ's Tom Buck Pottery 0 August 18th 03 01:26 AM
for the glaze gurus Clayslinger Pottery 4 July 25th 03 10:58 PM
glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 July 18th 03 05:40 AM