RFD: rec.crafts.scrapbooks

Old November 19th 03, 03:11 PM
Gina Bull

Default RFD: rec.crafts.scrapbooks

Bob Officer wrote:

REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
unmoderated group rec.crafts.scrapbooks

I am the Usenet administrator at the University of Virginia and an avid
rubberstamper. :-) I've wondered why there was not a "sister" newsgroup
for rec.crafts.rubberstamps devoted to scrapbooking. This RFD answers
that question.

I will only carry official newsgroups on the UVa server. I support
existance of rec.crafts.scrapbooks. Since this newsgroup would appeal to
a similar group of readers as rec.crafts.rubberstamps, use of the same
set of subject line tags would make sense. (AD: and COMM: for example)
This seems to work very well in the existing newsgroup.

(I've included rec.crafts.rubberstamps in the followup newsgroups since
I've talked about the readers. :-) )

Old November 20th 03, 06:28 PM
Debbie Hamann

So true...rec'crafts.scrapbooks DOES NOT like outsiders and let me
know in no uncertain terms..so I stick with
alt.crafts.scrapbooks...a very quiet group, but lots friendlier

debbie

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:11:18 -0500, in news.groups, Gina Bull
wrote:

Bob Officer wrote:

REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
unmoderated group rec.crafts.scrapbooks

I am the Usenet administrator at the University of Virginia and an avid
rubberstamper. :-) I've wondered why there was not a "sister" newsgroup
for rec.crafts.rubberstamps devoted to scrapbooking. This RFD answers
that question.

Gina I will step down and allow you to proceed as proponent if you
wish. I have no more interest in pursuing this RFD at this time.

I will only carry official newsgroups on the UVa server. I support
existance of rec.crafts.scrapbooks. Since this newsgroup would appeal to
a similar group of readers as rec.crafts.rubberstamps, use of the same
set of subject line tags would make sense. (AD: and COMM: for example)
This seems to work very well in the existing newsgroup.

(I've included rec.crafts.rubberstamps in the followup newsgroups since
I've talked about the readers. :-) )

The people that in this the rogue group rec.craft.scrapbooks seem to
hate the idea of allowing others in their "little family" clique.

Bah!

Old November 20th 03, 07:22 PM
Susan

"Debbie Hamann" wrote in message
So true...rec'crafts.scrapbooks DOES NOT like outsiders and let me
know in no uncertain terms..so I stick with
alt.crafts.scrapbooks...a very quiet group, but lots friendlier

debbie

That's a shame. I read the RCS and rubberstamps both. Have felt welcome in
both. Have participated in swaps with the scrapbookers. It's a shame that
things went as they did the last couple of days, but it is NOT a true
representation of those who frequent RCS regularly.
Susan
AF Wife to David
Mom to CG, Matthew and an angel, Gareth
Hampton Roads VA
"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell."
Aldous Huxley (1894-1963), author