Funny thing happened at the dealers on Thursday

Old March 11th 05, 05:42 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Default Funny thing happened at the dealers on Thursday

Thursday AM, I took my truck in for some recall work and an oil change. Go
sit down in the waiting room and pull out my stitching - or more correctly
my frogging.
I had noticed this tiny old woman and her shopping bag full of stuff - a
long haul wait in progress. She comes over to me to admire my work and
chats. Asks where I get my supplies, etc, shows me her piece and wanders off
to the bathroom. The older guy next to me stage whispers - Don't tell her I
quilt, I'm going to be all day and I have to finish the work I brought with
me.

I could not stop giggling!

Cheryl

Old March 11th 05, 12:11 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Hi Cheryl

Gary wonders just WHAT you were chuckling at?

The chatterbox or the fellow doing his quilting?

I made several quilts between the ages of 23 and 28!
A rough time for a guy to save face with quilting squares in hand.
Now I'm old enough, I don't give a hoot what people think or say, hi hi.....

TTUL
Gary

Old March 11th 05, 12:31 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 3/11/05 7:11 AM, in article , "Gary V.
Deutschmann, Sr." wrote:

Hi Cheryl

Gary wonders just WHAT you were chuckling at?

The chatterbox or the fellow doing his quilting?

More the gent wanting to be able to work than being chatted up by the old
lady.

I made several quilts between the ages of 23 and 28!
A rough time for a guy to save face with quilting squares in hand.
Now I'm old enough, I don't give a hoot what people think or say, hi hi.....

He did join in and say that his daughter had given him the Rosie Greer book
on needlepoint, but that he had never picked up a canvas to try it. I almost
lost it when he winked at me. Well chosen words.

Cheryl

Old March 11th 05, 02:42 PM
Brenda

That book is "Rosey Griers Needlepoint for Men" if anyone is looking for
more info. Sorry, Darla. Amazon doesn't show an apostrophe in the title.

--
Brenda