Yum! Strawberries

Old May 6th 04, 11:37 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 5/6/04 6:37 PM, in article L3zmc.198$VR4.136@newsfe1-win, "Pat Porter"
wrote:

Just tasted the first English grown strawberries of the season from our
local strawberry farm. It won`t be long before we can go and pick them
ourselves.

All the foreign ones at the supermarkets aren`ta PATCH on the locally grown
ones for flavour. It won`t be long before the Kentish cherries are ripe -
Richard always brings us a big box of them straight off the farm. Can`t
wait.

Pat P

We've got about another month before we see local berries!

Cheryl

Old May 6th 04, 11:57 PM
BDS2pds

I have been buying them because I can't wait but they aren't the nice big juicy
ones yet. I WANT A STRAWBERRY BASKET! So sorry; lost control. I have looked
for two years now for one. Wedgwood makes them; Spode too. It has a sweet
little pocket in teh ceramic basket on both sides; one holding sugar and the
other cream. Anyone know what I am talking about?
Old May 7th 04, 12:24 AM
BDS2pds

Oh Cheryl you are the "bestest" kind of friend!!! Thank you thank you thank
you! Barbie
Old May 7th 04, 03:09 AM
Gillian Murray

Ours were over and done with last month!! They go from december to
march/april, depending on weather.
Gill

Old May 7th 04, 03:25 AM
Seaspray

My mom always goes strawberry picking. Fresh ones are delicious, expecially
dipped in chocolate! Yummy!

Di