Help with Earthdancer, beads and scroll- Quilt Batting

Old March 5th 04, 01:05 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default Help with Earthdancer, beads and scroll- Quilt Batting

From:
Warm and Natural or Warm and White is a great quilt batting without loose
fibers- it is more like a thick felt. Felt may work for this, but I am
not sure

From: Deb Milner

Given that I have several projects with heavy beading waiting in the
wings, I may just invest in a piece or two of this.

Warm & Natural, etc. (a mostly cotton batting) can be a bit pricey AND a
P.I.T.A. to buy off the roll if all you are going to do is use it for is to
cushion beads. I buy it at Joann's (off the roll at 10 yards a whack) with the
50% off coupon and the cost will be near $5.00 a yard. Take a look at it in
the store and if you think you want to use it, then go look at the pre-packaged
craft sized pieces. It won't be any cheaper but it's pre-cut into something
like a 1 1/2 yard square piece. *Much* easier to handle :-).
The felt sounds like a great idea -- much easier to deal with and a lot
cheaper. Personally, I would probably still use either paper toweling ot
tissue right next to the beads and then the "puffy stuff", just on the off
chance that the beads might somehow get smooshed into the "puffy stuff".
CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old March 5th 04, 04:26 PM

ekoluvr said...

From: Deb Milner

.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

As you say it can be expensive. Prepackaged with a coupon would be
cheaper. If someone can't afford it or split it with someone else, then
they can email me and I can look through my scraps to see if I have a
size that may work for them.

grammar, shmammar with cat in front of keyboard

Julie
Richmond, VA

remove the stitches to reply

AD: Ultrasuede, vintage beads & stampings maryluna Beads 0 January 30th 05 06:58 PM
Susan B beads in a necklace Pam Beads 21 December 21st 04 06:21 PM
Agh - the pink has gotten to me..... KDK Beads 71 May 6th 04 05:56 AM
Help with Earthdancer, beads and scroll Sandra Beistle Needlework 10 March 4th 04 04:51 PM
How To Make Ebay Work For You - for beadmakers Kandice Seeber Beads 63 February 22nd 04 06:45 PM