Silver Casting

Old August 10th 04, 03:35 AM
NE333RO

Actually, I was not going to participate in the group anymore until or
unless the moderator posts my comments on the attitudes of some of the nice
folks that hang around here.

LOL, now there's a threat. To this point I haven't seen anything to make
that anything we should worry about.

Why he spiked it and allows their ridicdule
and criticism is more than I can fathom.

Criticism is allowed. Ridicule might be, depending on the circumstances.
Personal attacks are not. Sometimes the line is blurry and it's the moderators
call. Knowing the rules is half the battle.

I don't really have a handle on soldering yet

That is very apparent by your posts. Nor, with the attitude exhibited, will
it ever get better. There's a lot of knowledge on this group, but it has come
to us by years of hard work and practice. Expecting us to hand it to you, while
putting up with attitude at the same time, is probably not going to happen.
Saint Peter might give you advice, but he's nicer than most of the rest of us.

but things fell into place
with the casting and I have made some really nice pieces that I refuse to
post pictures of until or unless the nice people apologize for previous
comments

Wow. Priceless.

or the moderator removes them from the group.

Ummmmmm......if you read the comments, they are approved by the moderator.
If the moderator approves them, why would he remove someone? If you think the
comments you've seen are bad, you should read the ones you haven't seen.

I was sort of hoping one of them would post a picture of the first piece
they cast, set with stones they faceted on a machine that they built
themselves.

The first piece of jewelry I made, I was twelve. I cut and shaped the
turquoise, polished it, made a bezel in sterling silver to fit the stone,
soldered it closed, soldered it onto a sheet of sterling, twisted sterling wire
for a design, soldered it to the plate around the bezel, sized and soldered on
a shank, bezel set the stone, and did the finish/polish work. All the work was
done by me. All under the eye and tutoring of my grandfather.
I wasn't afraid to listen to those who knew better than me. I'm still not.
If I had a digital camera, a website, and could get the ring off my moms
finger, I would probably post a picture. You'd be amazed at what even a twelve
year old can do with proper instruction and a good attitude. I didn't build my
own grinding/polishing machine until my second piece.

We might then understand why my work seems "primitive" and
causes them to vomit on their computer screens.

Your proffered work IS primitive. Every thing I see on your website
pertaining to stones or jewelry, is done in a manor that a decent student would
not submit to a teacher. Probably no worse than anyone else with a bad attitude
and no training, but every bit as primitive nonetheless.
Old August 10th 04, 10:26 AM
Abrasha

NE333RO wrote:

[...]

Ditto, ... squared.

I had posted my own reply to the sausage maker's rather ludicrous post, and
somehow it must have gotten lost in cyberspace. Or maybe Peter stomped on it.
If I am not mistaken, there were no personal attacks in it.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old August 10th 04, 10:31 AM
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:26:20 -0700, in ,ô Abrasha wrote:

I had posted my own reply to the sausage maker's rather ludicrous post, and
somehow it must have gotten lost in cyberspace. Or maybe Peter stomped on it.
If I am not mistaken, there were no personal attacks in it.

I stomped on nothing during the last two and a half weeks other than things like
egyptian desert sands, street market alleyways, paths through astounding
monuments, walkways of the Cairo museum and suchlike. Perhaps Hanuman, who
moderated the group while I was gone, has tighter definitions of what constitutes
and attack. Or perhaps it did just get lost.

Peter

Sterling silver question (.925) porkchops Jewelry 7 January 24th 04 07:58 PM
J-2R Casting machine Raffle Ganoksin Jewelry 0 December 16th 03 06:35 AM
Casting porosity in Silver Dennis Montilepre Jewelry 1 December 3rd 03 10:59 AM
Silver Casting Nancy Czapla Jewelry 2 September 14th 03 08:01 PM
Bali Silver -- What's the Deal? saucy Beads 16 August 21st 03 03:21 PM